Birds need you this summer!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by RagaPrasanna, Apr 1, 2011.

1. RagaPrasanna

RagaPrasanna Platinum IL'ite

Lets help the birds survive!

Birds need you this summer.

Summer is at its peak. Many birds die in summer due to lack of water. Place water pots for thirsty birds in terraces, compound walls and balconies. :idea

Already there is no chirpping sounds of beautiful sparrows anymore. Lets create a friendly habitat for the birds.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
    2 people like this.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

RagaPrasanna,
    Your post reminded me of getting a new bird bath, which was broken in the winter.

Will try our best to bring back their habitat..

sriniketan

3. RagaPrasanna

Hi Sriniketan,

Yes. We all should contribute to give the birds and animals a safe and healthy environment.

4. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Very thoughtful post.
    Usually I leave a plastic bowl and periodically fil it with water in summer..

Your post is a timely reminder to me.

5. RagaPrasanna

Hi Shakambari,

First of all, I love your name! :)

Very kind of you to have a bowl outside with water during summers! :thumbsup

6. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi RagaPrassana,

Those of us who have pets spend a great deal of time over them and very often forget to pay attention to the animal/bird kingdom inhabhitants who frequent our surroundings.You have reminded us just in time as summer is in full strength here.For years we have been regularly feeding the crows and squirrels and the bowl of water is an essential part come summer or winter.We have a number of crows and squirrels who come by and feed and drnk daily .Their quota is placed high up away from our two doggies who roam around.Its a happy sound to hear the crows cawing and the squirrels sqeaking while they fill themselves daily.

1 person likes this.
  7. RagaPrasanna

Hey Paulina!

You are awesome. You take great care of not only your pets at home but of all those other birds and animals too. :thumbsup
    I used to keep bird food in the balcony but none used to come and eat. I am not sure if it is because of the fact that my balcony faces a busy road. I am going to try once again this summer - keeping food along with water. Hope some little angels grace my place too.

No chances of squirrels though, as we live in 2nd floor. I feed them whenever I go to parks. How cute they are when they sit like a teddy bear and hold the food with their front legs and much on it with their front tooth! Love it! :)

8. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi,

i too keep them food once in a week or even twice in a week. many birds will come and have. also i used to keep water in a small cup, i have seen some birds taking bath in them, since i buy the raw coconut i take the coir and put it in a small cup and leave it along with the water for their nest.

9. RagaPrasanna

Hi Shree..

What a wonderful idea!! You are not only giving the birds food and water but you are helping them build their nest too. I appreciate your kind act. :thumbsup

10. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi raga,

thanx for the reply.