1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Biopics!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by beautifullife30, Jun 14, 2018.

1. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

the movie nadigaiyar tilagam/ Mahanati seems to be garnering so much attention these days. Each frame looks pretty, actors have done a wonderful job, the poignant feeling it evokes in you...well let me just say it was a good movie....

It almost made me feel for the actress. And then came the interviews....I just happened to click on Kamala selvaraj's interview once in youtube to see what it was all about. and before I realized it, my "personalized" youtube dragged into their private world where Alamelu's daughter and savithri's daughter are fighting with each other by giving interviews one after another. Each person airing the other person's dirty laundry in public! Each seems to have their own views of what happened and how it happened.

Truth, I feel, is probably somewhere between both their versions.

So how far can a director stretch his creative liberty to make a biopic? Can he go so far as to misrepresent another person's behavior to make the lead character shine?

If so, then why title it as a biopic.....shouldn't it be called something like...a loosely based story on so and so....?

This thing kept me wondering so much until I confided in my husband about my feelings on this! his answer...."this is why you should just concentrate on your life and leave others' alone! :eek:"

2. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

You are so right. Apart from those 2 daughters, the way so many others have joined the bandwagon and all are claiming to be close to the late actors. In their accusation spree, Savitri's private life has been brought to the public domain in a very bad way. I felt Savitri must be so unhappy now with so many people divulging so much of her unpleasant personal details to ever hungry media. Perhaps with some hidden details there was an element of mystery attached to Savitri's persona and it is totally gone now.:(

4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Lol so true ...Both daughters are now fighting over the movie who were close before the movie release

beautifullife30 and kkrish like this.
  5. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

I saw kamala interview - The funny part was she mentioned her father never went behind anyone and didnt mention anything about his father marriage in late 80's with 25 year old girl...

And most funny thing is her first indiaglitz interview after movie, she had mentioned that everyone should see the movie, later suddenly scene changed and started scolding savitri and her daughter...

May be savitri was from poor background that doesn't mean Kamala can say savitri's uncle was pimp, she came from poor background, she had affairs all those things.. She mentioned Pushpavalli's childrens always respect them and fall on their fee and treat them like god but savitri's children are not like that.. And that shows the class..why should everyone fall on your feet? Who are you? you are also normal human being.. if they fall on your feet they are high class and they didnt do that means low class

Seriously kamala selvaraj was pathetic in the interview, she showed real low class and bad side of her in interview.. I felt she has sooo much superiority complex.. she keep on mentioning savitri was a homebreaker, if so what about pushpavalli marriage, gemini was her second husband and never agreed rekha till she became a big star in bollywood,,

All her sisters are super settled and never lost any money it seems.. but savitri's childrens lost all money it seems..show some dignity and respect for that pathetic soul.. No need to blame her this badly just to prove your point..she already gone from this world..why kill her again and again

Inspite of her age, i felt like slapping her couple of times in teh interview.. She need to grow up....Lost all respect...

6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Lol I used to wonder the same. I feel she is bluffing! I was laughing when she told her father never went behind any gal ! Then what is Pushpavalli to him :tearsofjoy:

7. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Totally agree with you!!
    She herself contradicted her in many places. Her dad was innocent and loving so he married Savithri when she came home in the middle of the night. Where as he has sent several gals to their house when those gals ran away from their houses to marry Gemini Ganesan. Why didnt he send away Savithri the same way??
    She said that Savithri was a home wrecker but the one who married GG before Savithri (ie Pushpavalli) was respectable. How does that logic work?
    She said that her dad wanted all his children to have good education and he wanted all his children to have dignity, in that case why didnt he reveal that Rekha is his daughter? Why did he wait till she announced it? Why didnt he give her good education instead why did he allow her to act at the age of 13?? Why this double standards??!! I agree the second woman is treated secondary but why should the kids be treated third rate??!! If you can't give them food and education why do you father the kids?
    I was so disappointed the way Kamala talked. I had immense respect for her but after watching the interview i understood how bad she wouldve treated her half-sisters and half-brother. She not even once talked from a woman point of view for Savithri. It was like Savithri kidnapped her father and lived with him. I felt so furious when she said that Gemini is innocent.
    But Vijiya could've consulted her half-sisters. She need not have gone ahead with this biopic. They could've avoided this movie. All the older people are dead. Why talk about them and spoil their current relationship??...

8. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

kkrish likes this.
  9. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Yes, she was merely 16 years old when she married GG. If we are going by Kamala's words, it's because of the threats posed by a 16 years old girl (whose first film as a lead actress was yet to be released), GG had no choice but to marry her :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

One wonders how much Savitri would have threatened GG to give her 2 kids then?? :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Kamala's logic sahikkala!:hollering::hollering::hollering:

10. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Actually the biopic did not insult / show anyone is such a bad light as Kamala claimed it did. More than anyone, it was Kamala who had insulted her dead parents with her illogical statements. The fact that she started off her interview by saying that GG never went after any ladies :fearscream: It was the ladies who came after him :fearscream::fearscream: and he merely gave "life" to them! :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream: Hello, are you in the right frame of mind??? Seriously??? How can we believe any of Kamala's words after hearing this blatant lie???

Further, if it's true that her dad never did anything wrong, why did he cry to the children when he was on his death bed, saying that he shouldn't have done what he did??

Having numerous affairs behind his wives, abandoning his wives and children when they needed him most - all these are not categorized as wrong in Kamala's eyes. But Savitri alone is bad because she broke their happy family it seems :rage::rage:

The movie did not even show a tenth of what GG had done in real life. They merely showed that both of them had clashes in their career and GG was caught red-handed by Savitri having affair with a woman which eventually led to their break-up. There was no mention about Pushpavalli, Rekha and Radha or even the hundreds of other innocent women whom he had lured to his bed. But thanks to Kamala, people are digging his history and shaming him to the core now.