1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Binders!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sabitha,

Wonderfully written snippet! I don't mind writing it over a thousand times and I still don't get tired.

It happens in real life as well. When you are on a zone last in the present moment enjoying your work that has taken over your life destroying the label of who is doing it, that is when a distraction appears bringing you back to consciousness and hence the concept of doer.

The light that brightens all of us (the ultimate reality) and the one that is manifested (apparent reality) in the world both look beautiful. They are one form that appears as two and both are beautiful.

We attach ourselves to this world like those leaves claiming the tree as where we belong. I wish we have the same wisdom to let go of the tree and move on to the next life when the time comes for us.

There is a binder inside of each one of us that attracts like a magnet. But the iron needs to do some cleansing in order the magnet to work.

Srama likes this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Rihana ,

Thank you for coming back to respond - I had almost forgotten about it :) First things first though - it is heartening to know that there is hope for chidren of binders, to continue the tradition and second, as long those white binders are holding something in them, they are alright :) The story you shared is totally worth it. I have a special place for all stationary and no one in my family understand why. I simply love 'them' all and gather quite a few of them.

I will confess, I now don't look at paper binders without some admiration. Now when my students open their binders and I pause, notice how colorful or bland they are, I smile - they do tell stories don't they!

It is amazing how our life and perspectives change not just with age but chaninging seasons and all other chages that are happening. I am with you on christmas trees - this time around I am willing to look forward to any kind of joy esepcially this time around. Loosk like others are happy to spread that joy. I do have to confess though, I am just not ready for those jingles that are already playing on the radio though :)

And this "why would one resist" is an interesting question you pose.
    I am certainly drawn to them right away. On a different note, yesterday while talking with a colleague, I mentioned prayers and she agreed by saying that there is always somebody in the world in need of them. I certainly had to pause and absorb that. Even though I know sarve janah sukhino bhavanthu.....I knwo very few who deliberately pray for anyone knwoing someone out there might need them. Now my turn to sya, don't know why I shared that!

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

Rihana likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,v

Happy to read your response as always. Thank you for the same. I enjoyed the philosphical way you ahve looked at everything. I wish I could be that aware, fo rnow just sneaking in moments of mindfulness is all I am doing. Seems like being present and enjoying what the heart sees is important now specially.

Thank you for your feedback.

Viswamitra likes this.