1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Billa 2 - The Mass

Discussion in 'Movies' started by AArchana, Jul 13, 2012.

1. AArchana

AArchana Gold IL'ite

Finally the THE DAY has arrived for the Thala fans to celebrate BILLA 2.. Fans have been waiting for this day... As far as I heard, It has been a big treat for the fans.. But I got some bad reviews too..

Please post your reviews and thoughts on Billa 2 here...

Some reviews from net:

Thala intro sceneee semaaa masss !!! Billa2 Premiere show is Housefull in France … Never seen before crowd! #Billa2 #Paris

Gangster song with bloopers at the end just like Mankatha!!! [​IMG] Thala tharu maru doi…. For producers and distributors its gonna be Money….Money…Money….Overall Billa Steals the show – Srilankan Premiere Show Result !!!! Now Billa 2 has started in France and in Dubai its going to Start [​IMG]
    Sri Lanka Fans: Just finished watching movie. There’re lots of punch dialogues from Thala. Chance-less effort in the climax, U1 comes in the end. [​IMG] 4/5 rate!!! Worth for money. wahh..excited !!
    Dubai fans : thala tooooop & toooop…….BILLA DON SUUUUUPEB…news i give you from DUBAI [​IMG] ENJOOOOY BUDDY….yaHOOOOOOOOO
    Billa 2 vip show going on gulf….. very very massive respect and positive review… Thala mass… 2012 also we r unstoppable [​IMG]

Eagerly waiting to see the movie :rotfl:rotfl

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Billa 2

Not an Ajith fan and thus with no expectations I agreed to watch this movie yesterday. To my surprise I liked it. Could hv been better but decent would be my verdict. The sequel is a prequel of Billa. It's a gangster movie, so lots of action and violence.

I liked the camera. Very beautiful cinematography in many scenes. The girl had no idea what acting was about, but man she was tall and had beautiful legs!

Thank goodness no duet songs!

Ajith looks good for his age... But those villans are just YUMMY!!! Dimitri looks way good, I was like :drool :drool and waiting for his scenes.:hide:

I dont want to reveal anything yet, but the movie is good to watch.

3 people like this.
  3. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Re: Billa 2

Completely agree with you Nandhu............

I liked the costumes and especially Coolers of Ajith.. Tooooooo good... :)

1 person likes this.
  4. divyasselvan

divyasselvan Silver IL'ite

We returned back from the theatre with heavy headache.. Ppl who hate violence and blood scenes must not even attempt to see trailer of this movie..

Ajith is very stylish, so is the man Abbasi and Dimitri..
    Both Abbasi and Dimitri were shown so powerful, but their end was like a cracker dipped in water.. their end could have been made much better than just a dum and damaal :p

Heroines - Man they are just wasted. I think they are just glam dolls. Not required at all. Anyways they didnt good too :( Parvathy was ok.. But bruna :( :( :( Namitha looked better in Billa original..

Anyways.. What I liked about the movie was the cinematography and music (to some extent) and dialoges (Ex: Nallavangala thedarathu thaan kashtam*) and Ajith (extremely stylish and apt) ..

* - It is only difficult to search good hearted people..

What I dont like is the all action scenes(read as gun shooting sound scenes) and all murders killed by punching the neck with needle and ajith's prominent thoppai..

5. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Here No Offense to anyone... Be it Ajith or his fans or whoever liked the movie.. But this what I have seen in someone's fb status. I havent watched the movie and I will not watch it also.. Just sharing it for fun

The director of Billa-2 believes in a simple model: a dance, a fight, a killing, a punch dialogue can be recursively repeated to make up a movie. After hours of punches and punch lines, I saw Hero coming out in the climax killing almost everyone acted in the movie. I felt Hero missed killing one person - the director. My verdict - Hero should have finished the job

9 people like this.
  6. Nemo123

Nemo123 Gold IL'ite

I am a die-hard Ajith fan and I of course I liked the movie a lot. It was an all in all Ajith show. He rocked in the movie.

7. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

There is trailers for a reason ;-) So people can come to terms whether to watch this movie or not !

Also Billa is a gangsta movie.. A complete action movie created with guys in mind ;-) U see guys love action :mrgreen: So what can we expect.. No drama and emotional scenes for sure !

Oops, I am not even an Ajith fan and why am I vakaalathu vaangifying his movie.. Interesting ;-)

3 people like this.
  8. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It was 13th July, 4am in the morning and heavily raining. Yet, there were hundreds of people gathered at Ganga. Not the holy river, I’m talking about the multiplex in Kolathur, Chennai. It was the release of the most awaited film of 2012, starring the man with one of the largest fan bases in Tamil Nadu. Billa 2 starring Ajith Kumar was welcomed with fireworks, Harthi and Abhishekam. Huge cutouts of Ajith were erected around the theaters, which were decorated by huge and charismatic garlands. Fans even lit camphor on their hands and showed it to their king, Ajith’s cutouts. It surely was crazy out there, but love can make anyone go crazy.

The theater’s door opened 45 minutes later. And there was tsunami. At least, that’s what it looked like. With huge roar, the hundreds and hundreds of fans, like those children who rush out of school the moment the final bell goes, charged into the hall.

The theater lights went off. Like kids, curious to see what is inside their Christmas present, the entire crowd was having their eyes wide open to see the thing that has kept them waiting for so long. At last it faded in, the certificate, the title cards of the two producers and finally the face. The entire theater resounded with whistles, claps and the chants of Ajith. But the cheerful voices almost came to mute immediately, because their hero was in agony. It looked as if Ajith was experiencing an excruciating pain. We could almost feel the pain in his fans’ hearts. But how can the fearless David Billa feel so much pain? While everyone in the theater was searching for an answer, the magical line fell out of Ajith’s lips. “En Vazhkaila…. Ovvoru nodiyum, ovvoru nimishamum Naanaa Sedhukkinadhu da…” And again the entire theater went crazy. An ultimate opening for the ‘Ultimate Star’.

Starting from there on, every single dialogue, and every punch the bad guys get were cheered for. There weren’t any romantic scenes in the film, yet it didn’t affect the fans. David Billa is a gangster, yet people loved him. Not many big heroes have taken up a role with a negative shade. Rajinikanth did that many times in the long past and recently in Enthiran and even received the best villain award for it. There were more claps and cheers for Chitti than for Vasi. Be it in Mankatha or the recent Billa 2, Ajith is the only other actor to have attracted a large fan base, doing a negative role. Billa 2 doesn’t have a strong story, yet the theaters are full for the next couple of days.The Superstar and Ajith share a similar type of fans. Their fans don’t care pouring out the money they have to buy tickets worth thousands of rupees, costly fireworks, and garlands that are worth lacs. They don’t care if they lose a day’s pay or if they had to wait in a queue for the whole night to get the tickets. It’s not just their onscreen appearances that draw more fans, but their off-screen qualities too. Both the actors are known for their simplicity and down to earth being. They both have the ability to change the people.

The way Ajith's fans celebrated Billa 2's release, has led to certain questions like “Is this type of idol worshipping good for Tamil cinema?”, “Is it okay if people waste their time and energy on this or is it just one day's harmless fun for fans”. I personally feel there is no necessity for such questions. When the stars who are being worshiped, have the capability to bring large scale happiness and cheer to people, nothing seems wrong or waste. As far as the fans can celebrate their favorite matinee idols without causing trouble for anyone else, I guess nothing is wrong. Its their choice of seeking happiness. How many of us raise questions on the lavish wastage of wealth and time by the upper strata of the society on booze, woman and gambling? So why make the fuss now?

Remember, what another famous don said? “Naalu perukku nalladhu nadandha, edhuvumey thappillai.” Probably you can also interpret it as "Naalu peru santhoshama iruntha, edhuvumey thappillai."

[​IMG]

(From NET)

5 people like this.
  9. AArchana

AArchana Gold IL'ite

Puni, Thanks for sharing the info.. Amazing to read.. Billa 2 really had a mass opening throughout TamilNadu.. The last lines are really true.. Naalu peru santhoshama iruntha, edhuvumey thappillai..

1 person likes this.
  10. subhadra20

subhadra20 Senior IL'ite

Hey Archana,

Thank u for sharing those news about thala..i am a die-hard fan of ajith.. actually my husband watched billa 2 first day first show in chennai.. he told the movie s nice..no lengthy dialogues, no romance, no foreign location songs, no separate comedy track...
    its like a hollywood movie a story of a don...
    how he become a don, obstacles he faced..
    In that movie he kills whoever comes on his way....
    the best part s billa1 theme music...

many of my cousins and friends hate it as screenplay s slow..but my dh told he enjoyed it..a tamil movie n english style