Big Tym Dilemma-Plz help!!!!

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by ashimasd, Aug 16, 2012.

1. ashimasd

ashimasd Silver IL'ite

Hey ladies,I need urgent help with something. I am a btech graduate in electronics and communication and passed out in this may. I am placed with Infosys but the joining date is Jan14. So meanwhile m going for CAT coaching classes in weekends.I dont know yet which stream of MBA m gonna tak or even why I want to do that.The only thing I know for definitve about me is that i love to travel n am intrested in photography. So today I came acroos a job oppurtunity in an organization photographyonthemove which takes people on photography tours across India.The job seems pretty intresting and I would love to do that. The problem is i am hell scared to discuss it with my parents because I dont think they will approve of this and they will say you have got only one life and dont put your career at stake. The other option is to take up the job atleast till I join for MBA.But is it bad to experiment a little?I'm confused.I know this is a major decision in my life.So please I need all you fellow IL'S help.Pleeease help me!!!:spin

2. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

Why don't you find out more about the photography opportunity and see if you can join as an amateur and request your parents to let you do that for part time atleast. Btw congratulations on the job. :)

3. ashimasd

ashimasd Silver IL'ite

ya dats wat m gonna do..btw d offer isnt confirmed yet..its still in d initial stages..but i dont wnt to giv it a try if m not sure of joinin..y waste sm1else's chance?

4. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

yes.. why waste someone else's choice? what about your choice? that someone else will always get a chance if you dont plan to join...

think about yourself...importantly, you should not be repenting about your choices later; "only if I had grabbed that oppurtunity..." if you are genuinely interested go for it..

But, a job in IT is always an alluring one. with a 5 digit sal right from day 1.. who wud want to lose it?

write down the pros and cons of your choices; that wud help you to judge

5. ashimasd

ashimasd Silver IL'ite

Dear coolsandy,

I'm not much concerned about the digits of my salary as I dont see any point in working from 8 to 8 without break and earning that sitting infront of a computer screen all the time. I am genuinely interested but i dont know how to convince them.

6. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

sounds more like maddy's situation in 3idiots movie :) have ur parents watched this movie? ha ha...
    jokes apart, how would you convince your parents? that a question big time...you should be knowing something about your parents which they always wanted to do and could not do coz of some xyz reasons... if you dont, try to find out; ask ur grand parents about that stuff; may be that can be of any help

1 person likes this.
  7. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

even i thought so , three idiots ,:)
    show them the movie , may be then they will allow you !
    all the best!

8. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

3 Idiots was the movie that came to my mind when I read about your interest in photography.

If you are so passionate about photography then try to gain more knowledge on it to be a professional. Does the world only need engineers??? There are lots and lots of it. Don't bury your interest in the name of career. If you could not take it full time, atleast you can do it as a part time job and later decide on your priority.

9. ashimasd

ashimasd Silver IL'ite

Yeah exactly itz d same situation and m feeling like maddy only. Shd i or shd i not?I guess I will need an aamir khan by my side to post my resume and go for it:hide:. I have already got a big 'NO' from my bf which I will surely convert to a big 'YES' wid all my cajoling powers.:kiss :crazy N m gonna tell my parents about it now. M sure they are not gonna agree right now for sure. But I need to start trying right now. :spin Thank you all for your suggestions and more suggestions to cajole my parents would be welcome.:idea Wil update u as soon as I get a reaction.:cheers

1 person likes this.
  10. ashimasd

ashimasd Silver IL'ite

Got the ans..itz a NO...prepare for CAT..join if u want after CAT exams..as if the firm is desperate to get me for the job.:bang For now,life sucks.:drowning