1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"Big" Issues and "Tall" stories.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Manjureddy, May 4, 2007.

1. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Hasitha
    Thanx. ( your name itself is redolent of laughter and smiles :))

Laughing at self is an admirable quality to cultivate indeed. But such humor mostly comes in hindsight I'm afraid !

Your step daughter is fortunate to grow up in a climate conditioned by the likes of Lara Datta , Sushmitha sen and Priyanka Chopra. Less hangups, better for self esteem ! All the best to her.

manjula

2. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Meena
    Bravo ! for wearing heels, regardless ! ( only, during some special moments, you'd have to stoop to conquer :mrgreen:)

I agree that this fixation for husband having to be taller than wife is peculiarly oriental, esp. indian. The West has never bothered about it ever. Havnt we seen old portraits of Royalty from England and Russia with greatly "mismatched" couples !. (Sophia Loren Ponti and Jackie Onassis are two other recent examples.)

( BTW: I like that "Sweet Hubby " phrase. Eternal honeymoon, what ! )

manjula

3. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitra
    Thanx.
    A jolly good feeling to meet fellow laughing buddhas from any zone, rounder, longer, shorter, thinner...........

But chitra, I am unable to see the wordings clearly in the attached image. Could you please post the text ?

manjula

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Manju
    That was a great piece of narration about your growing process.
    Btw, if short people are vertically challenged, can you call someone who never stops growing vertically as 'vertically liberated' or 'vertically unchallenged'?
    There is a plus to growing taller than your peers. You can always look down upon others!
    Thanks a lot for bringing a smile on my grumpy face!
    Sri

5. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniyasri
    How sweet of our Rambler Rex to drop a kind encouraging word for the efforts of a novice rambler ! Thanks !

Grumpy ? Who ? Cheeniya ?
    Breezy & brazen, yes. Jaunty & jolly, sure. Perky & frisky, doubtless. But Grumpy ? Is that yr. closet secret ?

Well, Cheeniya, though people of my elevation, with their soaring achievement and lofty vision, do come with the built- in privilege of looking down upon others, I sincerely strive to summarize myself to fit into the company of my abridged compatriots. It can get lonely at the top, you kno !

manjula

6. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Manju,

Sorry about that. The wordings are given below

If you are stressed................... you will get pimples
    If you cry .....................you will get pimples
    So why dont you smile and get dimples?

Keep smiling and keep spreading smiles.

7. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Manju

Just came across this now, how did i miss it earlier, i dont know... but this write up was great, and your sense of humor is amazing...:)

One has to see the things on the lighter side, i mean on the contrary, i'm too short, 5.2" and my husband too tall, 5.11" and I always have to wear High Heels to at least reach his ear to say something... while he can easily rest his elbow on my shoulder to relax...:)

Great Post

~Abha

8. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear manju,
    A very nice post which deserves a best post prize. I love your ability to laugh at yurself. I just laughed at the post.Sheer entertainer.
    Regards,
    Meenu

9. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hai Manju,

A very humorous post. I liked all your comparisons and the flow of words. But like Vidya and Kamala, I too cannot join your club. Hope somebody starts a club for the Lilliputians and I forget---What was the name for the giants?

Regards,

Abha.

10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Manju
    That's precisely what Gulliver endeavoured to do in the land of pygmies!
    ok, I'll substitute my 'looking down upon others' suggestion with another plus point. You dont have to strain your neck muscles talking to people who do not measure up to you physically while they'll have enormous strain.
    Sri