1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Big Data & Analytics

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Aspire,

Thank you for responding to this post. The real world nature and our own body/mind complex has so much to teach us. Science helps us to explore the real world out there whereas spirituality helps us go inwards and analyze ourselves. What is inside of us is the same composition that we see outside of us including earth, water, air, fire and ether. Electromagnetic fields we see outside exist inside of us as well.

In spirituality, we learn from our experience so that we never make the mistake twice. In science, we learn from our experiments so that we can use that data as input for further research. Living in the present moment includes being observant to the nature around us, understanding and appreciating it gratefully. If we sit down and think about how our mind and body functions or watch how the nature adapt to the needs, they would reveal so many things to us. Big data is inside of us and ability to grasp the relevant data is also inside of us.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Dear Jasmine,

Thank you for visiting this post. Very kind of you to say such things and I am truly humbled by your words especially when your very first post has just been nominated. I need to learn that quality from you.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Dear GG,

I always admire your messages for its brevity and this time I enjoyed the pun in coining the words such as right and left. You are a smart man and also happened to be humble. That is all.

Viswa

4. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa Sir,

IL and you surprise me all the time.. I am searching something on Data Analytics and google gave me this link! And I am surprised what is there in IL about this?

And I am wondering if I can use IL as my Big Data Industry to start my analysis..And here I am reading your OP saying to search inside rather than outside... Its been a pleasant, surprising and useful read..

But still, the research problem of searching for the right, interesting, innovative use in an industry with big data (outside) is haunting me day and night.. Health sector data has been there a while! or else its always about consumer/ retail sector boosting business..My mind searches for something more.. I cant verbalize it though..

Striving to find a meeting point between the big data outside and the big data inside.....

1 person likes this.
  5. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

[/Quote]
    The world itself is a big data and what we perceive out of this world is the predictive analytics. All they need to do is to wake from their deep slumber and begin to observe the nature around us. Russian author Vladimir Megre’s “The Ringing Cedar Series” make sense to me now.[/QUOTE]

Well written artice Sir:thumbsup
    Yes,God must be a crazy developer :) and the overall optimum utilisation lies with in the hands of humanbeing.....

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Dear Preethi,

Thank you for your kind words.

Financial Services, Consumer/Retail and Healthcare lead in the big data market and now the Mobile App space is also picking up. You Tube is also a big data space where there is so much information available in the form of visuals.

I always think the court/police and forensic records, sourcing of material worldwide for manufacturing, human resources background/history/educational qualification/experience, etc have great big data potential in the near future.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Kishore,

Thank you for your kind response. As you rightly pointed out, the big data has no use unless and until meta data is derived by well written algorithms that would be productive and useful. The same way, whatever we learn from five senses are meaningless unless we find a way to put it to use for the right purpose.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  8. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswamitra Sir,

Thanks for sharing your idea about the different industries.. But industries are quite skeptical about sharing their data with researchers; there lies the road block!

Thanks once again for this wonderful thread..Waiting for my inner self to acquire some meta data from the external data available out there..

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vishwa,

Yes the big data that we have in our brains is buigger than what the apps can make.
    We had a lady called Shakuntala Devi, a maths wizard, who came to our school in the late sixties when calculators had not yet come to india, and we gave her big multipications and she solved them as soon as we stopped writing them.That proves that we have the brains, but now these apps make us lazy.

now we cannopt remember our wives phone number nor our children, many years back when we had landlines we could remember at least 50 phone numbers.

HAHA

REgards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Dear Kamalji,

Thank you for responding to this post. You are right about the brain storing so much data. Recently I was listening to a speech and I understood from it that our brain power has more than 100 Tera flops of space and most of them we don't use. If we end up using its full capacity, we will be like mathematician Sakunthala.

Viswa