1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

bhajans

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Shanvy, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

This one is close to my heart. i think it is a tulsi das by priya sisters in the unity series..not having more details..

the recording also is little clumsy isn't it..

but listen to the lyrics and the raga is so appealing ..yamankalyan makes you feel soothe and smoothed..

thatagat tum bin kaun hamaro..
    tum bin kaun hamaar..
    tum karuna khi saagar daata.

hum sewak hain tum ho swami,
    hum dukhiya tum antaryami
    humri oar nihaaro..
    humri oar nihaaro.

tum bin kaun hamaro..

moh maya hum nar nari
    beech banwar mein naon hamari
    tumhi aakar utaro re taro..

ye jeevan yeh des bhirana
    ab jaakar hum ye jaana
    yeh sagar jan paro re paro.
    yeh sagar jan paro re paro.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Pavithra,

you are welcome.

3. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

Nice thread shanthi. shall we post some sai bhajan lyrics, murugan, Guru and Lord Iyyappa? Only in English ?

4. glascobaby

glascobaby Silver IL'ite

:) Shanvy,

So nice of you!!!....Thanks a lot dear for sharing nice bajans. Very soothing to hear....:thankyou2:

5. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for posting Bhajans.:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

this morning i was listening to 'hey govinda hey gopal' a Soordas bhajan rendered by MS. Would you have the lyrics please?

Latha

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Padhmu you are welcome to add, as long as you have the audio for our members. yes only in english, so that it is accessible to all.

you are welcome..
    coffeelover, you are welcome.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

latha,

uploaded the mp3 for the same. and such a lovely rendition. there are discrepancy in the lyrics posted in books and net. this is the one i have been following based on the belief that mss did do her homework well. let me see if i can get a copy of surdas bhajans during my next shopping at carnaticbook house.

the lyrics follow in the next post..
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> hey govind hey gopal
    rakho saran abto jivan hare

nir pivan heta gayo
    sindhu ke kinare
    sindhu bich basat graha
    caran dhari pachare

char prahar yuddh bhayo
    le gayo majhdhare naak kaan
    dooban laage krisn ko pukare

dwaraka me shabad gayo
    shor bhayo dvare shankh
    cakra gada padma
    garuda le cidaare

hey govind hey gopal

sur kahe shyam suno
    sharne tihare
    ab ki bar par chale
    nand ke dulare

hey govind hey gopal

10. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Shanthi. I have a couple devotional songs, i feel are great ( i dont understand the innermeanings though). Do you want us to contribute to your thread by uploading songs or would you be fine if we presented a link to the song from youtube. i will get them to everybody tomorrow. just a heads up that two beautifu songs are making their way to this thread..:)

so stay tuned!