"Bhagavad Gita"

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by RamyaVaradharajan, Nov 28, 2007.

1. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

It is from the Absolute who has no beginning or end that the Vedas emanate. The Vedas or the sacred literature is the ones that prescribe the rules and rituals to be followed. Thus all acts of sacrifice involve and center on the Absolute.

Every human being has to acknowledge this cycle my dear Partha. If not be whirls in sense pleasure and lives irresponsibly. One who is content in the self and derives happiness from self alone is said to be freed of duties.

He attaches nothing to the results of his action. Thus gain and loss resulting from his actions mean the same to him. He doesn’t need a purpose therefore to motivate him into action. Therefore do your duty without any attachment to the fruits of your work, for only by acting without attachment can you realize God.

Janaka and other kings attained perfection by proper action alone. Thus, in consideration of the people in general, you should take to proper action. Whatever a great man does, the world follows. Whatever standards he sets, the world pursues.

<chapter will="" be="" continued:="">
    Please leave your comments here http://www.indusladies.com/forums/hobbies-and-crafts/12368-lord-krishna.html
    in order to continue the chapters without deviation in this thread.

Regards

</chapter>

2. RamyaVaradharajan

</chapter>

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  3. RamyaVaradharajan

O son of Prtha, though there is no work, that I need to complete in all the three worlds I still do my duties. For if I fail to engage myself in proper action with great care, O Partha, people would follow my footsteps and act like me. If I did not act properly, there will be innumerable problems in the world. The social equilibrium will be ruptured and I would be the cause for that. The world would soon perish and its population would perish with it.

O descendant of Bharata, just like the ignorant are attached to the results of their action, so the knowledgeable should be unattached to the results of their actions to uplift the world. The wise should be responsible for making the ignorant act in accordance with the duties prescribed. However the wise should not confuse or frighten the ignorant. Rather they should make them take delight in what they are doing.

It is the gunas, which perform all the actions. The one who sees the body in the false ego imagines “I am the doer”. O mighty armed one, the one who knows it is the gunas, which act with one another, knows the truth concerning the two spheres: action and gunas. Such a person remains unattached. But the ones who are influenced by the senses remain attached to sense objects and all the material things in this world. The wise should not try to influence such ignorant souls.

Please leave your comments here http://www.indusladies.com/forums/hobbies-and-crafts/12368-lord-krishna.html

Regards

</chapter>

4. RamyaVaradharajan

The solution for the fever of the senses is to offer all of oneself to me in knowledge of the soul within; free from any kind of desire or grief or any kind of a sense-impelled emotion. Anyone who practices this with full faith without envy will be freed from all karmic bindings. Those who do not follow this doctrine out of jealousy are deluded and will not attain the best form of knowledge for their entire lives.

All people wise and otherwise act according whatever is the nature they have acquired in this world. How will it be of any help to suppress one’s true nature? It is the sense, which drives us to feel attached or detached towards sense objects. So it is important not to come under the influence of the senses; they are our enemies. One should act according to one’s own nature. Even if this appears faulty, this is better than doing the duties of others. It is better to die engaged in duties that are according to our nature because other’s duties only bring evil and danger.

Regards

</chapter>

5. RamyaVaradharajan

Arjuna asked:
    “What is the influence then that makes one act improperly forcing him against his will, O descendant of Vrsni?”

The Lord of Sri said:
    It is the influence of lust, the rajo-guna, which finally transforms into great anger. Like a great fire this is dangerous. Realize that this is your enemy. Just as smoke covers fire, dust covers a mirror and a womb covers a foetus so does excessive desire cover one’s mind, understanding and clarity.

O son of Kunti, even the understanding of the wise and learned is covered by this great force in the form of lust, which has an insatiable appetite like fire. The senses are its seat. From there it influences everything right to the soul and covers and clouds one’s knowledge. Hence, O best of the Bharatas regulate your senses right from the beginning and kill this devil that kills your knowledge and self-realization.

The senses are superior to sense objects, the mind is superior to the senses, and superior to the mind is the intellect. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Superior</st1:place></st1:City> even to the intellect is the self. Thus, knowing one’s self is superior to everything else. Control your mind with intellect. In this way, O mighty armed one; destroy the unconquerable enemy in the form of desire.

Regards

</chapter>

6. RamyaVaradharajan

CHAPTER #4
    YOGA OF KNOWLEDGE

Lord Krishna said:

I explained this eternal science of yoga to Vivasvan. Vivasvan spoke it to Manu, and Manu then imparted it to Iksvaku. This science was taught and understood by disciplic succession, but in time the succession was broken and the science of yoga appears to be lost. I am now teaching you this very same science of yoga. It is the fundamental secret, but I tell it to you because you are my trusted devotee and friend.

Arjuna said:

You took birth long after Vivasvan was born. How then am I to understand that you instructed him previously?

Lord Krishna said:

Arjuna, both you and I had many births. I remember all of them, whereas you, defeater of enemies, do not. Although I am birth less and by nature eternal, and although I am the controller of all beings, I still remain in control of my material energy, I manifest by my own inner power. O descendant of Bharata, whenever there is a decline in dharma and an abundance of unrighteousness, at that time I take form. I appear every millennium to protect the virtuous and pious, to annihilate evil doers, and to establish my dharma. One who is fully aware of the divine nature of my birth and activities does not take birth again in the material world, but attains me, O Arjuna.

Regards

7. RamyaVaradharajan

Many persons in the past who are free from attachment, fear, and anger, with mind absorbed in me and who have surrendered unto me were purified by the fire of knowledge and reached me. In whatever manner people worship me, I respond to them accordingly. Everyone in all circumstance, O Arjuna, follows my path. People living in the material world, which desire material success perform sacrifices in worship of gods. They would surely see the results of such ritualistic acts in this world.

Taking into consideration the effects of the gunas and one’s own karma, I created the four socio-religious divisions (caste). And although I created this system, you should know that I am eternal and not responsible for its results. There is no creation that implicates me for I have no desire for the fruits of action. One who realizes me thus is not bound by reactions to work. Having known this, ancient seekers of transcendence also performed action. Therefore, now you should also act as the ancients did.

Aware of this, ancient seekers acted according to this understanding, therefore, now you should also do your duty. One must understand the nature of prescribed action, the nature of forbidden action, and also the nature of inaction. The path of action is mystifying.

One who identifies inaction in action and action in inaction is wise in human society. Such a person is spiritually inclined while engaged in all types of work. A person who has purged desire and motivation from his activities, and burnt his karmic reactions in the fire of knowledge is called a sage by the wise.

Regards

8. RamyaVaradharajan

Being detached from the fruits of action, being always satisfied and independent, he performs no fruitful action, although involved in many activities.

Such a person who has given up all sense of possession, and who is of disciplined spiritual intelligence, performing only bodily actions, incurs no evil. Expecting nothing, content with whatever outcome, overcoming dualities, free from envy, and steady in the face of success or failure, even though acting, such a person will not incur karmic reactions.

A liberated soul firm in knowledge, who is detached and acts only in sacrifice, dissolves all his karma. One whose thoughts are fully absorbed in the absolute and whose spiritual offering and that by which he makes the offering is a part of the same Absolute.

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan

9. RamyaVaradharajan

Some make offerings to the Gods, while still others offer themselves into the fire of Brahman. Some offer their sense of hearing into the fire of the controlled mind, while others offer the other sense objects themselves into the fire of the senses.

Some offer the functions of all the organs and the functions of the life airs into the fire of self-controlled yoga, which is lit by knowledge. Some make offerings through acts of charity, others through austerities, and others through yoga practice, while disciplined ascetics do so through scriptural study and knowledge.

Some practice breath control, they offer inhalation into exhalation and exhalation into inhalation thereby controlling both. Others offer their vital force by curbing their intake of food and controlling their breath.

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan

10. RamyaVaradharajan

All these persons are well aware of the power of sacrifice and are cleansed of evil through it. They enjoy the sacrificed remnants and attain eternal Brahman. O best of the Kuru dynasty, without sacrifice no one can live happily even in this world, what then of the other? The sacred literature constitutes many such sacrifices. Be aware that they are born from action and thus knowing, you shall be liberated.

O vanquisher of the foes, the highest sacrifice is that of wisdom, which is superior material sacrifice, because whatever may be accomplished by action is realized only in wisdom. That wisdom can be acquired through humble resignation, significant queries, and by rendering service to the wise who have realized the truth. They in turn will impart wisdom into you.

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan