Bhagavad Gita – An Introduction to the text

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jul 12, 2007.

1. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra mam,

I am waiting for this topic and as usual ur write up has left me mesmerised!!!
    your way of explaining is so simple that we understand the concepts in an easy manner.
    i will be eagerly waiting for ur next one.

Thankyou very much for your efforts

cheers
    sreelatha

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sreelatha,
    Thankyou verymuch for the feedback.
    To explain it in simple language is the most difficult task for me !
    After discussing 2, 3 topics relevant to Gita, we will get back to Gita.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

dear Chitra,
    As usual a very lucid explanation.....enjoyed the flow with which you have expalined. Also teh comparisons of upanishad, Gita and the environment! Wow....that was cool and how true!
    Well , now waiting for more and more....you have really made us Thirsty for more Gita Juice!:wink:

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dearest Chithra,

This introductory post about BhagavadGita was simply excellent. You did a great job with simple language, excellent similies. It keeps sending excited thrills through me ....my long time dream is coming true now. You keep calling yourself amateur and LKG student where Gita is concerned. I know it is not true. Taking it for granted that it is true, it can only be of the best benefit to people like me who are the LKG students. You have the capacity to bring it across to ignorants like me and I will not be in fear to ask you my immature questions.
    The way you explained about the set up in which the Lord imparts Vedanta to Arjuna, it was like a cool and welcoming shower of hope to me. I fit the bill of a person hassled with so many turbulences in life, temptations and desires...I am eagerly waiting for the rays of Gita to act as a balm on my sensitivities:) Looking forward to your posts on this and I shall always be there to read them. Great job Chithra, trudge forth:)

L, Kamla

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Eventhough I had seen the scenario of the battlefield and in the middle with Lord Krishna and Arjuna where the Lord is delivering His Gita, it struck only now why in the middle of the battlefield. Very good explanation, as always.
    Waiting for your other posts regarding this.
    Sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  6. Chitvish

Dear Sudha,
    Lovely F B from you !
    It is more to drive home the point that Gitopadesham took part in the most tense circumstance (for Arjuna), that I went into deailed explanation.
    There is always a misconception that our religion caters only to people "retired" from active life. We must remember that it is very much possible for people who are "dynamically" engaged in life also.
    Love,
    Chithra.

1 person likes this.
  7. Chitvish

Dearest Kamla,
    Your most endearing feedback does make me feel on top of the world, I accept it. But I also know the love behind it and that is more the cause than my writing ability, if I may say so !
    Not only you, Kamla, everyone of us goes through such a stage many times. Remember the various chances we missed in life, failures suffered and disappointments incurred.
    Looking back, in my own life, I feel I lacked faith in myself than the circumstances being unfavourable for me. By repeatedly trying to understand Gita, I (only) know how to re-make the inner personality whole and strong.
    I know, I have a l---o---n---g way to go; but i now have a new-found confidence which makes me less tense when a problem comes my way.
    Next, as I have been repeating (to the extent of you all shouting - enough is enough !) I will go technical upto Atma & revert back to Gita. The second chapter is fully about Atma, as you know.
    Please stay tuned even if the topic "looks" dry !
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Dear Sriniketan,
    Thankyou for the feedbackj.
    Gita provides an anchor when we all feel, our abilities are lost, our productivity is not appreciated & our ambitions are thwarted. Is that not a battle, we face in life, very often?
    That is where Gita comes to our rescue !
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. thejasree

thejasree New IL'ite

Hello Chithramam!

I liked the way you clearly interpreted the introduction to The Gita. I had a vague idea as i hav attended Gita jnana yagnas, but the simple way in which u hav explained is brilliant!!
    Since we had a weekend (Fri,Sat) here in Dubai, i just logged in today and found this post.
    Looking forward to more from u....

Regards,

Thejasree

10. Chitvish

Dear Thejasree,
    Thankyou for the very nice F b.
    Generally in gita jnana yajnas, any one chapter is elaborately discussed & you enjoy that chapter thoroughly.
    Please do continue with me, Thejasree.
    Love,
    Chithra.

<xml id=yoombaxml></xml>