Beware of this nepali housemaid !!! Don't hire her ever !!!

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Dubai' started by sandyrs, Jan 15, 2014.

1. sandyrs

sandyrs New IL'ite

We hired a Nepali maid from Dubai by the name of Mina Tamang. She used to work with an Indian family who had twins in Jumeirah before.

When we met her first, she informed that her Employer was being rude to her since she worked slow. We tried to reach her employer to speak to us but could never reach them.

Both me and my husband are working couples and since we were desperate as we also had a 3 year toddler we ended up burning our hands by hiring this lady.

When we hired her she only had complaints about the other employer. She was very very slow at her work and I somehow felt she was acting out and I ended up completing the work as my house was in a regular mess. In addition she kept complaining all the while that my child was troubling her and perhaps beat him a couple of times too.

She had not even completed a week working at my place and starting throwing all kinds of tantrums. She showed a very peculiar attitude comparing things at our house and the employers she worked with before. We noticed from her passport that she has not completed even 1 year of service with all the other employers she had been with. This got our alarm bells ringing.

Finally last Thursday no sooner I came back from work she started throwing tantrums and speaking rudely saying I want to leave the job I cannot work, I have chest pain and blah blah reasons. The actual reasons was she wanted more money and was blackmailing and manipulating us to get with her way.

We decided to pack her off and on a final note decided to speak to her employer as we had already done a status change and take a new visa for her. It did not surprise us that even her former employer had the same to say to us and he said that she was a mental torturer and did not like to work.

We ended up losing money for the status change and new visa and also to get a ticket to pack her off to Nepal.

I just want to request all the families in Dubai / Sharjah / Abu Dhabi to beware of this female. Please don't hire anybody out of desperation. Do a proper reference check. Additionally I would also like to say any maid who has gained experience here likes to throw lot of tantrums and feels she is the queen of the show.

We packed this woman off Thursday 16th January 2014. She started work with us on 30th December.

If any of you have got her profile please dont hire her. Check for references. You can contact her previous employer too who will brief you about her.

Beware and Be Careful..I have attached her picture down here for reference

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    3 people like this.

2. sha2

sha2 Senior IL'ite

You have all the rights to take action against her but I don’t think it’s a good idea to post a copy of her passport on public forum.

2 people like this.
  3. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

I agree. This part of the post needs to be removed immediatly.

1 person likes this.
  4. sandyrs

sandyrs New IL'ite

I agree but this was the only way to keep people aware. These people can forge passports and come down on new name.