1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Beware of frauds

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vkrithika1, May 25, 2008.

1. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Dear all,

i want to share with you all some fraudulent activities of strangers.Like this all of you please share what you saw, heard so that we all can be more careful.

This incident happened after the easter to my own relative.She stays in a big apartment.When she was alone in her flat, one stranger ( a bakery wala) came to her flat and told her "Madam , your neighbour has ordered breads and buns and cakes for some party on sunday.I brought them and now she is not available and the door is locked.Please can i keep all the stuff at your house.".
    THat lady being very close to her neighbour allowed the man to keep all his stuff at the entrance hall.He had brought heeps of breads and bun and cakes and kept all his stuff very neatly.She could not suspect the man , as he was very decent and the neighbour too had the habit of buying breads and cakes often.
    THe climax part came and he said" Madam, these all cost Rs 1000 and please give that to me,and collect it from your neighbour later.Since i am coming from a distant bakery, i cannot take this back or come again for money."

Now the lady realised that something is wrong.She tried to call her neighbour over phone, but she could not reach.Finally she asked him to take away all his stuff and bring back when neighbour is at home.He was very decent young chap,so she decided not to complain about him.

THe neighbour came after 2 hours and the lady asked her about the party and the bakery wala.THe neighbour was surprised and she told she never ordered anything.

THe clever lady atleast could save her money because of her presence of mind.

After two days she came to know, these type of incidents happened in many places of the area on the same day and some lost their money too.THose bakery walas for disposing their old food stuffs , they indulge in these activities.

So gals Be careful and Beware of frauds and Never allow any stranger inside the house.

Dear all , please share fruadulent incidents known to you also with us so that we all will be more careful.

2. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kamala,

These kind of frauds happen everywhere and it is we who have to be smart to handle such situations. There is a common saying that " Eamaarravan irukkire varaikkum eamaathravan iruppan". Good that lady was able to guess that somewhere something was wrong.

If someone is going to order in bulk they would be available in the house to take the order. if not they would at least inform the next door neighbor that they are stepping out for some reason and give the money to their neighbor and inform them priorly about it.

3. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Kamala,

The incident you've quoted is really baffling and it warns us to be more alert !

We definitely need to be careful before we open the door to strangers and talk to them.

Infact, we cannot be carried away by their talk and looks..since..
    "Appearances are Deceptive".

These people make a note of the daily happenings in and around an area before they decide to prey(cheat) on them.

Thanks for sharing this with us. Definitely we need to tune up our radar under these circumstances !

Cheers
    Krithika

4. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamala,

I am so surprised to read about frauds which happens mostly in India ... Here, this kind of situation can not happen, as we pay the money directly to the shop and the receipt will be given to us ... So that when they come to deliver we have to sign and get the stuff. Also, before they come, they will give us a call to get appointment before delivery.

But, we can't say it will happen in same way ... As, now a days, many frauds are raising that too very brilliant way they deal the people ... I have seen in many movies both Tamil and English films the different methods of frauds (hope these frauds don't keep movies as their role models to begin their cheating) ...

Thanks for sharing such a thread so that many of us can be aware in both in India and in Foreign Countries ...

Regards, Suni ... :)

5. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Kamala,

It is not just such frauds...but these days we need to be alert of our surroundings too.

Last week in Pune, a girl was entering her flat and 2 people pushed her and got in the flat along with her and kept her at knife point and looted cash and jewellery and disappeared.

also, these days it is very important to know whom you are befriending and how much of personal info are you sharing with them...being too close and revealing inside info also can lead to crimes.

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

My recent experience. We got a call early one day. The person said he was calling from Salem and wanted to talk to my husband. I told him that my husband was sleeping as he had come late at night and asked for the reason of the call. That man was very rude and said that he will disclose to my hubby only. I told him that I shall ask my hubby to call once he gets up and hung up.
    After an hour, the same person called and my husband answered. This man told some round about story of his daughter and asked financial help to get 'thali' for his daughter's marriage. He also said that he had come to Chennai and was in the Central Station and asked my hubby to bring money there. Hubby said he could not come immediately and promised to sent it by money order. That fellow gave his address.
    In the after noon , he called again and asked if hubby has sent the money. Then hubby was irritated and said that he will send soon. Immediately, that fellow got irritated and asked rudely if hubby would send money or not. Now, hubby was furious and said he will not send and asked him why he is calling again. Can you imagine what the fellow's reaction was- "Adappavi! panam anuppa maatiya?" Husband gave a piece of his mind and disconnected the phone.
    I was doubtful about this fellow and it proved right. Just imagine the cheek of that man, begging as if we owe him. Indians create new technics to cheat and fool others.

7. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Hi Kamala,

These kind of frauds happen everywhere and we should be very careful for handling these kind of people ............

8. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

This cake and bun fraud is new one ! What all they think of to dupe people !