1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Beware of Amway\Alticor\Quixtar Multilevel Marketing

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by simplegal85, Dec 3, 2010.

1. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Nope... Well, it is your personal opinion.

2. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

Kudos to Paanzaa for fighting a losing battle...

I see amway akin to Smoking...where most non-smokers hate smoking and to a certain extent they hate smokers too...

When most people have an issue with something...don't you think Paanzaa,there might be a problem or two with it...:confused2:

3. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

What a remarkable comparison! people have their opinions and they think they are right..In Tamil it says Vaai Meeiyai vellum, meaning mouths batter down the truth.
    I haven't lost any battle here.

4. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

Paanzaa...I always thought the real meaning of that is..Truth will prevail always...

"Vaimaiye Vellum"

Can you doublecheck...?

5. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am on Panzaa's side. I am a proud IBO in US and am happy to say am doing very well and making good income thorugh this.

I don't think there is anythign wrong in approaching people and asking if they want to make extra time or income and I am seeing so many people join happily.

Its ok if you have your opinions, but keep them to yourselves because you are plain lazy to go out and do some work and talk to strangers instead of sitting in your favorite cushion after work, sucking your thumb and watching TV.

By the way, I am very successful in my profession and I am Sr.Manager and so is my husband in a very suucessful influential position. We dont offer bix to our office colleagues and we keep office and biz separate.

You know there are people praying outside for something better to do with their lives and we offer them that. If you are the lazy person who doesnt want to do it, no problem. If someone approaches you in a mall or store and asks if you are open minded, respect them doing their work and say No. Instead of getting angry at how they could ask you. It is your mistake if you look like you have brains but dont.

Dont comment on a business without knowing about it. I can show you my cheques and cheques of loads of other people who worked hard and are succeeding.

- RK

6. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Thats right..Vaimeiyei Vellum...the version I meant was Vaai(mouth)-triumphs over- meyyi (truth) vellum

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Nice rambling :biglaugh

PS: First of all, it is just impolite to approach a family in a mall who may be enjoying their outing to pitch your business. And secondly, lets say if thats ok, and they say No - you should take No for an answer. There are quite a few of these Amway-ians who dont take that answer and keep pushing hard as though it is their birthright. They need to suck up and move on if they get 'No' for an answer.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  8. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

I agree. The sales people should also make it clear right away that they are peddling stuff like Amway instead of pretending to be your friend. (This pretense is a part of the direct marketing approach and may have origins in Dale Carnegie.]

During the last few days, I recalled another Amway incident. A friend's friend interviewed for a job at NASA. One of his interviewers was a desi. A few days after the interview, my friend's friend gets an email along the following lines:

"I am sorry that we cannot offer you a job at this time. However, I am an Amway IBO. Can I interest you in this?"

I heard this story second hand. If I were in the shoes of the interviewee, I would have forwarded the email to NASA HR. I hope that the desi was just a flunkie and not a hiring manager.

There is often (almost always?) a vulture like behavior on the part of these salespersons.

9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Exactly - this vulture like approach is the biggest issue.

And - you are right - many times they never tell me upfront "Hey, I am so and so, and I want to see if you are interested in this XYZ opportunity" - then at least I need not waste my time, and can clearly say "Yes" or "No".

Instead, they will ask all sorts of personal questions, and try to act like your friend. Eventually they'll spring it on you. That vulture like approach and acting are deplorable.

1 person likes this.
  10. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

"Is this Amway" - straight...lol!~

Those looks are enough.

Thanks.