1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Beware of Amway\Alticor\Quixtar Multilevel Marketing

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by simplegal85, Dec 3, 2010.

1. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

1. it depends on your Attitude. If you would ask me and professionally, It has the best mentor-ship..There are legends in this business.
    2. It is not a get-rich-pyramid scheme. Every body has equal opportunity to grow.
    3. I dont think it is bad to ask if one needs part time income- my thread on the issue evoked less response. Anyway nobody ever asked me if I needed more money...It is not a crime to seek partnerships, even marriages are sort of a barter.
    4. For anybody's information- a company would not have survived long if they had fooled people. The company is past 50 years.
    5.If you would have seen the plan, then the issue would not have come in the right perspective.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee, agent or part of Amway. Yet, I know the business plan. Like Insurance, solicitation in the Amway business is a matter of business rights.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  2. NaNemo

NaNemo New IL'ite

LOL I have to admit some of your stories are really funny about people forcing to recruit you. But you cannot judge an organization based on one or two people. I have to agree that their tactics were not fair. From what I have learned the best way to grow your network marketing business is with honesty, and integrity. Its unfortunate that the people who have approached you have done so in the worst possible way. I can tell from your stories that they are not learning from actual successful amway business owners, rather they are using their own silly antics, which obviously are not working.

Just like you cannot judge a school on one failing student you cannot judge a business on one worker.

I would suggest you figure out what Amway REALLY is about before you start judging it. Go to a meeting, or ask an ACTUAL successful Amway business owner, and I assure you that they will be happy to tell you everything you wish to know.

Trust me they will not FORCE you to join. that is your decision not theirs.
    I live in Canada and here the business is extremely successful. and people do not befriend their friends for not joining amway. thats just plain stupid.

3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Its not a one-off case. In almost all the cases, the Amway or Quixtar or whatever folks approach you under some other pretense and try to hard sell you to join the program.

They will just push very hard, since the business model is that way - and it can be VERY IRRITATING to people when they push so hard to make people join.

The decent thing is to let folks approach them if they are interested, rather than just blindly try to befriend someone and then "try to sell" - that is a very impolite business model.

The decision is ofcourse ours, but the push is too much.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
    2 people like this.
  4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for info.........I just wonder why this Great Marketing Biz hiring Tom Dick n Harry to sell their product for I know one person who is a school dropout so had hard time getting job , he got lured by Amway, my God, he invested in it believing them its easy to sell n mk money........huh he couldnt sell so as last try he pestered his relatives n friends to buy his stocks.....:bonk

now he has opened a grocery store whenever we mention Amway his only response is deep frown........

5. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Every one wants to be Sachin, without playing like him.

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

The whole model of biz like Amway is that the more people join, the more money for the few on top and the less money (if any...more like none) for the people on the bottome (new people). The top level gets money for all memberships on down, each taking a cut of the income from below. The big success stories are the few that got in early. In the cases of this system being legal, I would not consider it ethical. My personal opinion.

Paanzaa on many threads has recommended Amway products but says he is not affilliated......????

Here is a link for information about multi-level and the unsavory history that it has had.

Multi-level marketing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  7. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Yes, I am not affiliated.Why is this cynical gesture?. I presume I have the rights to say my opinion and that counts.

8. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

The FTC warns "Not all multilevel marketing plans are legitimate. Some are pyramid schemes. It's best not to get involved in plans where the money you make is based primarily on the number of distributors you recruit and your sales to them, rather than on your sales to people outside the plan who intend to use the products."<sup id="cite_ref-The_Bottom_Line_About_Multilevel_Marketing_26-0" class="reference">[27]</sup> and states that research is your best tool, giving eight steps to follow:

• 1) Find — and study — the company’s track record
    • 2) Learn about the product
    • 3) Ask questions
    • 4) Understand any restrictions
    • 5) Talk to other distributors (beware of shills)
    • 6) Consider using a friend or adviser as a neutral sounding board or for a gut check
    • 7) Take your time
    • 8) Think about whether this plan suits your talents and goals<sup id="cite_ref-The_Bottom_Line_About_Multilevel_Marketing_26-1" class="reference">[27]</sup>
    However, there are people who hold that all MLMs are nothing more than pyramid schemes even if they are legal,<sup id="cite_ref-skepdic_6-1" class="reference">[7]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-autogenerated168_27-0" class="reference">[28]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-autogenerated13_28-0" class="reference">[29]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-autogenerated880_29-0" class="reference">[30]</sup> rendering the whole issue of a particular MLM being legal moot.

9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Paanzaa:
    As you have the right to post your opinions, I reserve the right to be cynical about your posts. You have repeatedly posted responses to heatlh/other questions with recommendations about Amway products and according to my memory, no other source. Your profile is in India and this thread is a conversation in North America and yet with the mention of Amway, you are on this thread. Well, all threads are open but I was not surprised to see you in this conversation, even sort of expecting it. Why are you wasting so much time on Amway? Somehow I don't think the Amway reps have hypnotized you :shock:

10. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

The incident/conversatio went more like this:

We entered the conference room and sat down.

She: "I want to tell you about a business that I have."

Me (instantly suspicious and intensely disappointed that she has so little respect for my friendship): "Is this Amway?"

She: "Like Amway but much better than that."

I am starting to walk out of the room.

She: "If you can tell me how I can improve, I will learn from this experience." (They have given her all the right "lines" to say.)

I give her dirty looks as I leave. I should have said "Learn not to bother your friends with crap like this".