Better Than You...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by messedup, Sep 24, 2019.

1. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

Yes, its cool either way. And for the record, I dont think “disagree” is better than “agree” in forum , or vice-versa. (the idea that was being mentioned here by Nonya).

Anusha2917 likes this.
  2. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Comparison, no matter how much you dislike it, you have got no choice but to be compared with someone or else throughout your entire life.

In your school life you will be compared with the neighbourhood girl or one of your relatives, who studies more than you, who gets better grades than you, who dances better than you, who wins prizes in competitions, who is more God-fearing than you.

If you think your agony is over when you complete your studies, you are rudely mistaken. Very soon you will be compared with the neighbourhood girl or one of your relatives who got a job, but you could not.

When you get one, do you think your agony is over? No way, as you will hear that someone is getting more salary than you.

When you are married, you think that the game is over. But no, the game seems to have just begun. Your Mil will tell you how someone cooks better than you, how someone looks more beautiful than you, how someone raises her kids better than you.

Your husband will tell you how someone is smarter than you, how someone saves better than you.

This story goes on throughout your entire life. Comparison never stops, even after your death.

But, if you ask me, if comparison is good or not, I would say it's essential for improvement. Comparison with a better person, obviously the tone of comparison should not be demeaning, can have a salubrious effect.

messedup likes this.
  3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Yes very true. We get compared by all people may be that's why we want to be better than them and feel good to achieve that.

Tamrakshar likes this.