1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Better half or best half??? Part-9

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by divshiri87, Dec 15, 2015.

1. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

I asked her again and she started “you know that i like Ravi and you know that he too likes me”.

I said “ofcourse, why are you telling me these things now?”
    ..............................................................................................................

Pooja said again “Do you know what happened before 3 days?” to which i replied “no”.

She continued again “before 3 days, he proposed his love and asked me whether i too love him”.

I said to her “have you accepted his love when he proposed you”.

Pooja replied “eventhough i love him, i thought of telling him next day because i thought of playing with him for sometime and then to accept”.

I asked her “what happened next day?”

Pooja replied “i tried to call him next day but he didn’t respond the call and then i sent him message that i want to talk to him and it is urgent”.

She continued again “i didn’t get any response so i called him back but this time mobile was switched off and it’s been two days i didn’t talk to him. I don’t know what happened”.

I told her not to worry about him but she didn’t listen to me.

I told her again “Pooja, nothing has happened to him. There could be some personal problem and that is the reason he didn’t talk to you. Don’t take it other way”.

Pooja said “i have no idea what happened to him. You said he is your cousin’s friend. Can you talk to your cousin?”

I don’t know what to answer her because whatever i told about Ravi is not true. He is not my cousin’s friend.

Then she said again “please Manu, talk to your cousin about Ravi”.
    I thought of telling her truth about Ravi and then said “Pooja, i want to tell you something about Ravi”.

Pooja asked in crying tone “what happened to Ravi?”

I told her again that nothing has happened to him eventhough i don’t know anything.

I told her “Whatever i told you about Ravi is lie. I mean he is not my cousin’s friend”.

When i said this, Pooja got up angrily and said “Manu, what are you talking? You told me lie about Ravi” and started to leave. I held her hand and asked her sit and then continued “I knew him only before 5 months and that too i met him on the way to your house. He told me one day that he is in love with you for more than a year and he asked me to tell you but i regret it saying i won’t tell and suggested him to propose his love to you directly. He asked me to introduce you and i did. I know what i did was wrong. I thought you won’t talk to him on that day but you started talking to him at first meet and then you both exchanged numbers”.

I continued “you know what happened after that”.

She was in shock when i told her about Ravi and started to cry. I promised her that i will talk to Ravi. I have no idea how to meet him and talk to him but i couldn’t see that way because this has happened because of me and i thought i should repair it.

Pooja said “Manu, i want to talk to him and accept his love. I feel i am nothing without him”.

I said “oh, you are like this because of him and you didn’t talk to me for past 3 days. That’s ok. I can understand you”.

Pooja felt relieved after i promised her.

Suddenly my mom came and handed over some snacks. We took and started eating. After sometime we both went to my room.

I said to Pooja “we don’t have much time for exams, first concentrate on studies. Everything will fall in it’s place”. We started studying and time was almost 9 when Pooja got call from her parents. She said that she is getting late and left my home.

I continued to study for some more time. My mom came and asked me to have dinner. My mom, dad and I had dinner. I watched tv for sometime and went to my room.

I was thinking how to contact Ravi as i didn’t anything about him. I even don’t have his number. Without knowing anything, i promised Pooja that i will help her. I don’t know when i fell asleep.

My alarm rang at 5 in the morning. I woke up and refreshed myself and started to study. Eventhough i was studying, i couldn’t concentre on studies because i was thinking how to meet him. Time was almost 7 am when i received message from Pooja. She asked me what’s the plan to meet Ravi. I sent her message that i will plan and talk to him.

Time was 9.30 am and my mom asked me to eat breakfast. I had my breakfast and told my mom that i will go to Pooja’s house after 10.30. She said ok and went to kitchen. My mom didn’t talk to me from morning except asking me to eat. I found unusual but didn’t think much as i am already occupied with thoughts about Pooja and Ravi.

I wore pink skirt and white tops and left home after 10.30 am. My plan is to meet Ravi because i know that i met him few times in that street which is near to Pooja’s house. I started walking in that street. I don’t know which house if Ravi’s so was walking slowly so that i can see in any of the house. I didn’t see him so i went to next street and came back to this street and then started walking again. This time i walked very slowly but this time also i failed. So i turned back and thought of going to Pooja’s house.

I heard someone calling “hello”. I didn’t turn back as i know that it is not Ravi. I heard again and then decided to turn back. I saw an uncle in mid 40 forties and well dressed. I asked him whether he is calling me to which he replied “yes”. He came near me and asked “i saw you are walking in this street for 3 times, are you searching someone?”

I replied yes and then he told me “tell me her name i will try to help you”.
    I don’t know whether to tell him or not. I decided to tell Ravi’s name thinking he may know Ravi.

I said “uncle, his name is Ravi, i don’t know his house and i missed his number. I remember that he stays in a house in this street. Do you know him?”

He said “can you tell his complete name and any other details so that i can help you?”.

As i don’t know anything about him i kept silent.

He said again “I don’t know whether you are talking about my son or not but his name is also Ravi”.

I felt little relaxed when he said that Ravi is his son. He said again showing his hand towards one house “anyways this is my house, come and see whether you are searching for my son or not”.

I thought it could be risky as going to someone’s house without knowing that person but i have no other option so decided to go.

I went to his house and he asked me to sit in living room and then called Ravi.
    One aunt came and asked uncle “who is this girl?” to which he replied that i was searching for Ravi and i don’t know his number or address.

When uncle was talking to aunt, one guy from inside asking uncle “dad, who has come? Why do you want me to come?”.

When he spoke, i felt that voice is familiar.

Uncle replied “i saw a girl who was searching for Ravi near our house. She doesn’t have his number or address. So i thought she might be searching for you”.

He came from inside and shocked seeing me in his house and i was also in shock because it was him whom i am searching for. I felt very happy when i saw him.
    He said in shock “Manu, is it you?”.

Uncle said “oh, then you know her. Then she should be searching for you only”.

I replied to uncle “yeah uncle, i was searching for your son only” and thanked him for bringing me here.

Uncle said he got some work and then left. Aunt said “Ravi, talk to her. I will be back in 5 mins”. Said this she left.

I felt Ravi was not feeling well when i saw him. I asked him “Ravi, what happened to you? Are you not well?”

Ravi replied “yeah, i met with small accident before 3 days. Now i am getting better”.

Ravi asked again “what made you to search for me?”

I told him what happened yesterday and asked him “You didn’t even tell me that you proposed Pooja”.

He said “It’s not like that Manu. You are my best friend and how could i hide from you”.

He continued again “i was talking to Pooja before 3 days and unknowingly i proposed her. Actually i didn’t plan it. I spoke to her when i was outside and thought of telling you after i reach my home. I met with an accident on my way back to home. That is the reason i couldn’t talk to you”.

I said ok and we continued to talk again.

He asked me whether Pooja loves him to which i said “yes, she was about to call you on that day itself, but she couldn’t reach you. Anyways i am happy that i met you”.

He was overwhelmed when i said that Pooja loves him. He thanked me.

I was there at his home for 10 mins and left to Pooja’s home. When Pooja saw me, she came near me and asked about Ravi. I thought of playing with her for sometime and then decided not to do because she being a sensitive girl, i don’t want to hurt her. I told her what happened on my way to her home. She was excited and felt happy when i told her about Ravi. We studied for sometime and i left her home after 1 pm.

I reached my house and saw mom sitting in living room watching tv. I happily went inside and sat next to her. I saw my mom is not in good mood and asked her “mom, why are you dull? Are you not well?”

She didn’t reply anything and i could see in her face that she is worried for something. I took her hand and said “mom, what happened? I am your daughter and friend”.

She turned towards my side and asked me “Manu, i want you to promise me. Can you do for your mother?”

To be continued......................

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/254024-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/278950-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279118-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279255-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279471-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279636-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279684-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279799-better-half-best-half-part.html

3 people like this.

2. itzmelvk

itzmelvk Silver IL'ite

Good episode.keep going

3. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful episode :) Eagerly waiting for next :)

4. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

@itzmelvk and @meerasrini thanks for your fb and likes... Wil post in a day or two..
    @peddadas thanks for ur likes

5. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

nice update dear...but as usual again big suspense :-(
    awaiting for next episode..post it soon dear.

6. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

i think manu mother came to know about pooja's love... right,,,

waiting next part dear..

7. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

thank u for ur fb.. I am in my way to next episode.. Will post soon.. how about ur story?? i am also waiting...

8. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

thank u for ur fb... wil post soon
    lets see how it goes...

9. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Hey nice episode dear... I think her mom guessed that Manu has feelings towards Ravi.

Waiting for the next part.

10. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Nice story dear. Please post next part.waitingsmiley

Leena