Better Delhi

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by Mia123, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Mia123

Mia123 New IL'ite

Friends,

Last week, one of my cousins from Bangalore happened to visit me after a span of seven years :) I took her for a good Delhi Darshan.

Over her stay she could not stop wondering and discussing about how drastically Delhi has changed in the past years! and the change is so positive. The look and feel of the city has changed. There are better facilities, better views and cleanliness.

I also realised that the change is there and is so evident that it surprises a person who visits here after a long time. It has made Delhiites proud!

Although some scams have taken place but under the shadow of these negative things, we should not ignore the infrastructure developments that is visible.

2. Moumita1

Moumita1 Silver IL'ite

Mia123,

How true. I am from Kolkata, and been staying here since last three years. Every time I go back to Kolkata, I am reminded of how things have changed so much in delhi, while Kolkata has remained just as it is. Yes, in Delhi, changes, especially in infrasytructure, happens very fast. I have to thank our present delhi government for that.

Moumita

3. Kavitakaushik

Kavitakaushik New IL'ite

Undoubtedly Delhi has improved in the recent years in terms of better roads, improved infrastructure, good flyovers, Delhi Metro and so on. By involving more and more skilled labour and providing them employment in our recent projects is an addition to our achievements.

4. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

Yes Delhi has changed a lot for sure. I was in Delhi in 90s and each time I go back I feel there is a lot of improvement. My BIL`s family relocated from Delhi to Chennai a few months back and they find it difficult to adjust here. Their hearts are still there. They find everything right from the attitude of the shop keepers, neighbours, colleagues, passersby entirely different. Truly Delhi is a good place to live in if you have your own house, vehicle and of course lots of money. Though I am a true chennite I still like Delhi.

5. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

Living things especially human beings must change too. Then we can call it real positive change

1 person likes this.
  6. loveandgod

loveandgod Senior IL'ite

I have been in delhi for 5 years now...and now ma parents r searching a match for me..please all of you pray he is from delhi..otherwise i donno how i wil stay away from this place..i love delhi soooooo much..i a addicted to it....:(

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I have been visiting Delhi since 1997 and for sure there are so many changes. I was there last summer and my list of the changes I have seen:
    Air is so much better: six years ago I wondered if I could return it was so horrible
    Toilet facilities have made it so you don't see men relieving themselves all over the place (yeah!!)
    New highways very modern and with walls to keep out the cows
    Metro!
    Cleaner although Punjabi Bagh sure needs help
    Grocery stores with wider range of products
    More ways to find services than before
    Airport is so much better after the remodel

I miss shopping in Rajouri Gardens and CP...can't wait till the next trip.