1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Betrayal And Hurt By Bil's Family

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by daisy1234, May 19, 2022.

1. kavikuyil

kavikuyil Bronze IL'ite

You know, not everyone related by blood are family. These toxic people need to cut off with dead silence. Don’t give them rent free residence in your head …

Get yourself a family, not related by blood. I have many friends that I’d consider family than my birth family. Also you must already know this by now, I’m writing for others and reaffirming myself - when in toxic company, never ever leave your kids alone. Never! Ever! And never allow anybody to discipline your child. U ask what the problem is and ask your child and deal with it privately. Teach your kids to come running to you anytime there’s a problem or uncomfortable situation. They should have to put up with anything just to be polite.

Also, please see a counselor. Therapy helps.. sometimes it takes a few tries before you find the right therapist but it really helps get out of effects of toxic relationships.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  2. RiaME

RiaME Senior IL'ite

Good that ur relationship with bils family is irrevocably broken. It's better to be distant from such people than be friends.

Never ever let ur dd or Son play or mingle with Z or her friends. Their upbringing is toxic which has made them toxic. Only thing they can do is hurt others. Exposing ur kids to such behavior is not good for them.

daisy1234 and kavikuyil like this.