Best time to visit Qatar with 2 year old

Discussion in 'Indians in Qatar' started by Dilchahtahai, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Dilchahtahai

Dilchahtahai Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    My sister is moving to Qatar in end of March and is calling me there. I would love to go as I want to meet my nephew and also do site seeting.
    What is the best time to go to Qatar? I would have my 2 yr old with me so I dont want it to be too hot. Is April a good time? What are the temperatures like? What about May ? I am sure it would be too hot from June to Sepetember..
    Please let me know your experience. We live in North east part of US where temp mostly never goes beyond 30 C.
    Thanks !

2. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

hi delmommy,

the summer s already started showing its face but is ok now. for site seeing u have not so much than the malls, beach, sfari, zoo. u can still manage if u r here before march that too not n the end. then the temp goes upto 50 degree & it lasts till sep. sep end or oct 1 week will be pleaseant climate.
    Welcome to Qatar!!!!!!!:)

3. muscat99

muscat99 New IL'ite

Agreed with what's been said already! Check the Qatar airways website for special prices on tickets. Last year, they had a RT price about $750 JFK-Hyderabad, but at the same time about $1100 just to Doha alone! This is a long way to travel, so, if time permits, combine it with another trip, possibly Dubai or India. My friends and I joke that Doha is suburban Dubai! It is nice and quiet here, with a few things to do and see. Enjoy!