Best shopping and tailor shop in mumbai

Discussion in 'Mumbai & Navi Mumbai' started by Anushaparvathi, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Anushaparvathi

Anushaparvathi New IL'ite

Hi Ladies !!

I am new to this forum but have been a reader of this forum always. Me and husband recently shifted to mumbai just two weeks back. While our house hunting is going on, I feel bit bored here as I dont have friends here. I was working but then I resigned recently a month before. I am shopping freak as you all :) and I really need to know few good shops in mumbai. My bro in law marriage is gonna take place by march 2015 and I need to shop dresses for the marriage. I am planning for a saree come gown designed for the reception and silk saree for the marriage. Could you please suggest few affordable boutiques here in mumbai. And also I did few googling and found out bandra, fashion street is the main shopping area for mumbai. Can i find good designs there to wear for reception and also need to know about designer sarees too. Kindly help me ladies. And i would really love to make new friends here.

2. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

3. cvmanian

cvmanian New IL'ite

Dear Anushaparvathi
    Fashion Street is waste of time. Based on what we bought for our daughter's marriage, follwoing are some of the suggestions:
    Try Pramanik Stores in Matunga. They also have shops in Dadar. Santacruz West also has some good shops. If you are looking for silk saris, try Nallis in Matunga ( next to Bhajana Samaj), Cooptex stores near Matunga Post office corner, Nallis in Viviana Mall in Thane. Kamashi Silks in Chembur is another good outlet. There are plenty of good shops. You can start with Matunga, Chembur, Dadar areas and locate what is convenient and suitable to your taste and budget. Happy Shopping.

4. srijaya764

srijaya764 New IL'ite

Amaravati silks are good here in mulund