best schools in sharjah

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by shabd, Aug 11, 2010.

1. maxu

maxu New IL'ite

Hi all,

I came across this while googling for a school for school for my 3 year old son. Thanks to rakhee for your input. I am new around here, so pls help. I have visited few schools, missed dps, I was late. Could you give me some input on scholars international in Sharjah , how is the school? And gems millennium in Sharjah, I have visited the facility very nice but it's new, an year old, it's newness worries. Pls give me some input.

2. archie109

archie109 New IL'ite

Hi Rakhs

You seem to be well informed about the education and general conditions of school in Dubai. After struggling with dilemma whether CBSE or IB or ICSE, I decided upon ICSE. As I strongly believe a strong base is required to have a solid minaret.
    I have squared upon two schools in Dubai Dubai Modern High School and JSS international School, both have secured 'good' rating from KHDA, which is an achievement for and indian school here. DMHS has high fee and JSS is very reasonable and has a set of three activities options out of which one is payable and rest two come under curriculum.
    Now my question to Ilites is how is JSS and DMHS? Any inputs will be appreciated.

3. deejan

deejan Senior IL'ite

Hi friends
    My daughter is 3 yrs now, but she is May-born and so she will be going to school in next acdemic year (2012). I have decided to put her in CBSE curriculum. I have shortlisted 3 schools for her.

1. DPS, sharjah
    2. KGS, Dubai
    3. Our own English school, Sharjah

Can anyone give me ur reviews on these 3, especially KGS which i have heard provides good environment for kids, and teachers are friendly.
    If any other good school u guys know, pls suggest me

Janani Ashok

4. cuckoo3113

cuckoo3113 New IL'ite

Hi Rakhee,

could you please tell me the name of the school your son is going into?? i too want to enroll my children into an icse school and i am looking out for a school that is not very difficult to afford.
    Thanks in advance.
    regards,
    cuckoo.

5. sivaranjaniadi

sivaranjaniadi Bronze IL'ite

hi all,
    my list in sharjah schools is
    1. DPS
    2. gems millinieum school
    3.indian excellent school
    i applied to my son and now waiting for DPS admission results.

sivaranjani

6. DivyaPratik

DivyaPratik New IL'ite

Hi, Rakhs,
    I am a working mother of 3 year old girl, staying in Al Nahda Sharjah, I will be great ifyou suggest me any O level schools with Hindi option... and who give less home work to the child and no force for any activity... otherwise it become stress for me not for the kid... I dont mind about the fee structure...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  7. mahalakshmiravi

mahalakshmiravi New IL'ite

Hi Divya,
    I m sailing the boat of confusing mind..I googled so many O level schools which is near by our Al-nanda with Hindi option but finally I have selected Dubai Scholars!Some of my frnds are telling it is good!If u find any information plz share with me!

8. mahalakshmiravi

mahalakshmiravi New IL'ite

Plz help me for selecting school for my 3yr old son!
    I narrow down choice between DPS (CBSE) and Dubai Scholars(O level!)
    Your valuable suggestion helps me lot!
    Thanks in advance!

9. Angumani

Angumani Bronze IL'ite

Hai mahalakshmi,
    Now Dps has finished its admissions.hope ur choice still narrow down...

ALL ThE BEST..

Regards
    Angu mani.

10. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    School Preference in Dubai :

1.Dubai Indian High School -The top most school in Dubai. Fees minimal but quality wise everything they offer the best.
    2. JSS
    3.KGS.

In Sharjah, I would rank the schools as such:
    1.DPS.Fees high, Academics and Extra curricular activities both are given importance.

2.Emirates National School- Academics is good. Extra curricular activities less.Fees is low but no compromise in Education and Staff is also good.

3. Our Own English High School- Girls Branch. Fees High. Everymonth the paretns have to shell out extra money for some activities or the other. Also children have to bear the brunt of assessments every week.

4. Leaders Pvt. School.

5. Gems Millenium School.

6.Gulf Asian School.

Star International, Rajagiri (the management has changed or it was the no.1 institution), Sharjah Indian School, IES, Radiant school, Delta English Schools are some of the others. But I am not aware of their working system. So no comments on the same.

Parvathi.