Best school for +2

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Arabudupi, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

all the best yamuna. i think the same holds for bangalore too. do ask in the bangalore forums..but to the best of my knowledge it is the same.

Arabudupi, even my nephew joined bsc.biotech in chennai after +2 in bombay..science and arts is a different thing altogether. the nativity criteria comes into play when it is engineering colleges or medical. you are NRI..and even in management quota of an engineering college, it is residents and nri..

I know it is a tough decision. i made it 4 years back. i stay in chennai alone with my kids while my dh is in oman.
    Bala vidya mandir, shankara and johns..are few schools that you could look into. at the same time, if you are a alumni of sboa, then nothing like getting in without having any tension..
    all the best.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Radhi, do not confuse. nativity certificate is not for tamilians alone. it means you are staying in a particular place for more than few years.

if you are from another state, but your child is going to apply for the engineering or medical, then he/she should have studied 8th to 12th in tamilnadu.

if you are talking about all india entrance, those are not governed by nativity but ranks is my understanding. REC,IITs.

If you are in a transferable job but have worked in tamilnadu for 5 years, you have a nativity certificate of tamilnadu. if the application forms ask you to produce one, chill, there is a form that can be downloaded,filled and attested or you can give a certificated from your company stating the same. Children of psu's and government recognised sectors are exempted..

Any more questions about engineering/medical, i will be glad to answer to the best of my periphery as i am not really looking into that because my DD has opted for commerce:hide:

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

4. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

hi shanvy
    thanks once again for your efforts, I found the following clause in the CET broucher as per this, my husband is from b'lore and if my DS study 11 & 12th there I hope he can sit for CET and get through this way. that is why we are opting for bangalore school for his 11 and 12th

yamuna

The candidate should have studied and passed both 1st and 2nd year Pre-University Examination or 11th and
    12th standard examination within the State of Karnataka from an Educational Institution run or recognized by
    the State Government and that either of the parents should have studied in Karnataka for a minimum period of
    SEVEN years.
    SSLC / 10th standard Marks Card, 2nd PUC / 12th standard Marks Card of the
    candidate; If claiming reservation benefits:- Caste / Caste Income Certificate issued by Tahsildar- For SC / ST in
    Form-D, Category-I in Form-E and 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B in Form-F., along with - (1) a certificate for either of the parent
    having studied for at least 7 years in Karnataka from the Head of the educational institution where he / she had
    studied.(2) the candidate’s study certificate for having studied both 1st & 2nd PUC or 11th & 12th standard in
    Karnataka issued by the head of the educational institution.
    The candidate and either of his / her parent’s mother tongue should be Kannada, Tulu or Kodava and either of
    parent’s was domiciled in the state of Karnataka, such candidate should have passed the qualifying
    examination from a University or Board or any other Institution located outside Karnataka
    candidate along with – (1) a domicile certificate issued by the concerned Revenue or Municipal Authorities certifying
    that the candidate and his father have resided outside the state of Karnataka as on
    01-05-2010. The place of the Issuing authority should correspond to the place of domicile of the candcandidate as a place in the state of Karnataka. The place of the Issuing
    authority should correspond to the place of domicile of the father / mother.(3) Candidate’s Study certificate, ​

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

good yamuna..i was hoping that one of your are an alumni from some school and college..that's great news..all the best for you now..

6. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Shanthi,

I checked up with my collegues who undergo similar problems. As per them, the child should have studied from 8th to 12th in TN to get nativity certificate, which is what you also have told. My dd studied in chennai from 5th and now in 10th. Though the number of years are exceeding (4 years) , suppose if I get transfered next year, (when she completes 10th), then if I shift her, she will not be eligible for nativity certificate. Am I right?

But from the above statement, since I have already served in TN for 5 years, I am eligible for nativity certificate, is it so? Both seem contradictory :bonk

The above statement is not clear. I am from PSU, so this is not applicable for me?

Thanks for clearing my queries

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

radhi

since you are in psu, you don't need to be governed by the 5 year clause..even then you if you are transferring within tn it will not be a problem.

because if you get a transfer when your dd goes to 11th, out of the state then this means she has not studied continuously.

8. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Shanthi,
    If I get transfered 99% it may be out of TN only. In that case, my dd will not get nativity certificate if she doesnt study continuously from 8th to 12th in TN, is it how it is?
    Or is there any exemption for PSU/central govt employees?

She was born in trivandrum, in that case, will she get a nativity of kerala, though she has never studied there.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I think you can use your psu official pressure radhi.
    I think if you have worked continuously for more than 5 years you don't need to provide the nativity certificate..but again all this will be a preferred thinking on my part..better get it checked out..

the best place would be educationplus of the hindu..write in there with your query..

10. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Thanks shanthi for the guidance. Yes, I need to do some more reasearch on the subject.