Best Practices on Bookmarking

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sushma, May 11, 2008.

1. Sushma

Sushma New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I started bookmarking websites without a plan and now my bookmarking is a mess. In some cases, I have same website bookmarked under multiple folders. In other cases, I don't find the website bookmarked in the right folder so I spend a lot of time searching.

Lets share some best practices around this..

1. What type of sites do you bookmark?
    2. What type of sites you just let it go without bookmarking?
    3. Do you follow the policy of "If in doubt, bookmark"?
    4. What are the bookmark folders you have?
    5. How often do you do a bookmark clean-up?
    6. Do you keep a list of interesting websites, outside of your browser? (like in a excel or word document)

We spend a lot of time talking about getting our house organized. Lets spend some time on this and get our digital life organized. Look forward to all your thoughts on the above.

2. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi Sushma nice topic, i do bookmark a lot when ever i found any site interesting..

As i am a web designer i have my own folders like Photoshop, Flash, Css, Design Misc, Fonts, Scripts, Image gallery, Music & Movies, Games, Inquiry, General, Useful and Favorites... I also have one special folder Cheta i.e, i move all those not working and useless into that folder.. I keep gud track of them..

Especially FFox gives u this option of Get Bookmark Add-ons, u can make ur bookmarks very easy track and simple with this option.. wanna just try..!!