Best places and hotels in Pondicherry

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by Ooviya, May 31, 2012.

1. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

We are planning to spend 3 days in pondicherry with my 15 months kid.. but v dont know best and neat place for stay?? Do u know???!!

1.Please tell me, best and safe place to stay in pondicherry??

2.I know Mother's asram, aarovil and manakkula vinaykar templs.. is there anything else to visit??:cheers

2. Evolet

Evolet Senior IL'ite

Hi Ooviya..

Hotel Athithi in pondy is a very good hotel.. we have stayed there couple of times and have always enjoyed it.. Their hospitality is very good and it is close to beach as well.. the cost will be a little on the higher side (around 3000 perday) but u can ask for discounts and they will .. if u r staying there choose the rooms on the 4th floor.. the beach view will be awesome..

3. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Pondicherry is a beautiful place with a big choice of hotels to stay. We have been there twice. First time we stayed at Hotel Mass and the next time around we chose Hotel Aanandha Inn which was really nice.

There is lots to see in Pondy. The Ashram, Auroville, MatriMandir, the beach and all the fabulous french restaurants.

Have a great time!

4. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot... where is it?? any land mark for this hotel?? any gud places to visit there???

5. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot... which one is best among two hotels?? where is it??? any land mark?? is there any places to visit???

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ooviya, a few months back we stayed with sea side guest house, a very clean and decent hotel very close to ashram..and with a sea front view.. the temples, shopping and beach are all in walkable distance.. check out the hotels/guest house under the aurobindo trust..
    http://www.sriaurobindosociety.org.in/tariff.pdf
    you can visit auroville, get your appointment the day before for visiting matrimandir.. you can visit manakula vinayagar temple and if you like to visit temples than the one between thindivanam and pondicherry - panchamuga anjaneyar is a nice to visit.

if you want to enjoy and destress, maybe you should check out one of the resorts, though a little costly.

7. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ooviya Sister,

My Choice would be for Hotel Athithi (Athithi itself is a landmark) at the end of the ECR road, you can always bargain for a discount, It is closer to Beach, manakula Vinayakar temple, Ashram and ofcourse a little bit of shopping can be done at Nehru Street.

The other famous hotels Hotel Anandha Inn, Hotel Le Royal, Hotel Annamalai, Hotel GRT Sunway..

Athithi has good dining too (both Veg and Non Veg) has a veg buffet on week days and All cuisine buffet on Weekends, good compared to other hotels, for a change can drop in at Sathuguru Spot besides Manakula Vinayagar Temple, you can also drop in at Hot breads, Daily Breads, Le Chocolatee, Adyar Ananda Bhavan, Hotel abirami, for different taste of food.

If you are a temple lover, you can visit Panchamugha Hanuman in Tindivanam road (abt 15kms) by road, Mayilam Murugan temple (up the hills) on tindivanam road still a few kms inside.

Devanathasamy temple (all prathanas vowed to tirumala Lord venkatachalapthy) can be done here at Thiruvaheenthapuram (about 40-50km) Up the hill is there is Lakshmi hayagreevar temple where everyone pray for studies for the kids, One can get blessed from the lord pen, notebooks etc., Very powerful,

Anything specific, will be glad to help you, happy Journey and enjoy... Dont forget to shop for beautiful candles and incense sticks...

8. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot...i will check it out...

9. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

10. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

thank u so much.. after my pregnanacy this is first time (after 2 years) i am planning to go out bcz of changing place and reduce stress... But strictly want to avoid long travel.. one more thing i want to take care of 15 months old kid..thats why am asked neat and safe place...

WHAT ANOUT ELAGIRI HILLS?? ANY IDEA??!!!