Best place to visit in december

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by prettywomen123, Oct 29, 2008.

1. prettywomen123

prettywomen123 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Can anyone suggest a good tourist place to visit in the month of december?. I wanted a nice honeymoon destination and thought of going to switzerland during the christmas week as thats when I have a week of holiday. Is swiss good to go in december? Otherwise can you suggest some nice place to visit for couples.I've seen most of the places in london and was planning for a memorable trip . I like natural scenary and attractions.

Regards

2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Prettywomen,

Swiss is a nice place to visit in December as I have been there last year.During Christmas the towns are brightly lit with snow clad mountains in the background.It feels like you are in a fairy land and I thoroughly enjoyed the trip.

-Sabitha

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

depends on what you like. It can be very cold in Swiss and Austria. But still I can recommend Venice (haven't been there yet but heard it's got a different sort of beauty in winter). Rome was really good around christmas, sunny yet pleasant winter sort of weather. I hope this year too it's like that.

Latha

4. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Oops forgot to mention the cold.

It was -20C when we visited last year in Engelberg.

-Sabitha

5. prettywomen123

prettywomen123 Senior IL'ite

Thanks ladies!

Yeah I know its gonna be really cold in swiss. Some say that most of the attractions are closed during christmas time in swiss. Can anyone suggest what sort of rail pass I should take . I have planned for 5n 6days trip.I also want to know if you can tell me some nice holiday package not that expensive that includes flight accomodation and the rail pass included.

Regards

6. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Most of the attractions are closed only on the Christmas day as far as I remember.Rest of the days they are open for public.Last year I went to Swiss only because my colleagues urged me to go coz it is gonna be very beautiful and I am happy that I made it.If you can beat the cold then definitely Swiss is one holiday spot during Christmas.I am not sure of the Railway pass.Some of the other ILites should be able to advise you.But if you are looking for warmer places in Europe then Italy is something you can consider.Hope you have a nice holiday.

-Sabitha

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I second traveller on Venice....this place has a charm of its own. We found it so romantic. We loved it so much that we always took the last boat to our hotel - the place held us with its charm and this was a good 10yrs ago. It is an amzing place.

8. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi

If you plan to visit Swiss, check out the Glacier Express - here is the link Glacier Express The Glacier Express

Travel through that train all the way up to a snow-filled mountain. I have been there during spring time....beautiful sceneries all the way. And yes, they do operate from Dec 14th onwards....
    so check out. Have a nice time!

Cheers
    Jenz

9. renukasuresh

renukasuresh New IL'ite

Hi

If u r planning to visit swiss u can check this website also myswitzerland.com

u can get a fair good idea about the places u want to visit

enjoy ur trip