Best jobs for Work-Life balance

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Shilpa77, Jan 30, 2008.

1. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

I am working in 9-5 job. But, whenever my family-work cant be balanced and I cant find a solution, I will leave my job and after a year or two I will again find job and go for it.

But, my career got affected because of this. But no other go.

andal

2. anandisub

anandisub New IL'ite

I'm glad you started this discussion. It's consoling to know this is a dilemma in others too.
    I have been working for 17yrs now and in my last job, it was a 14hr schedule! I would leave home at 7 and get home by 6 , get dinner ready, attend to kids' basic needs and then off I'd go log back in and work till ungodly hours. My husband constantly reminded me there was something wrong with this and that I need to do something about it. But for a year I kept going and one day when I got home I saw the disapointment in my kids that I was not there for them. I was yelling at them and I decided I need to quit this job. That environment just work even when I went part-time and tried to make adjustments.

Anyway to answer your question:
    1. YES, would love a 9-5 job and at the expense of putting my career on backseat..recognizing that kids are THE priority now.

2. I set aside NO time right now and am realizing I need to spend time - singing, join a book club, jewelry making...ah, someday.

-Anandi