Best jobs for Work-Life balance

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Shilpa77, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Shilpa77

Shilpa77 Senior IL'ite

Hello to all Versatile - IL ites:​

I prefer addressing so because women not only work at work and work at home but can do much more versatile things. I would like to discuss 2 things here..​
    1. How many of us who could offord to trade a hi-fi job for a 9-5 job where you don't
    bring work to home are willing to do it?

2. How many of us out there really spare quality time outside work and family, meaning to say----
    -- time for an activity in our areas of interest, hobbies, arts, crafts, develop a long lost talent.

Lemme' begin..

1. a big YES - i would prefer a 9-5 job over a hi-fi position..
    2. I love to do semi-home made art work - i have started now..
    3. Love music - sing some of the songs i learnt, but no serious practise
    4. My best hobby is cooking - No time to try out !!... just regular cooking!!..

So...who's next in line??....

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hi,

1. I have always chosen deliberatly to be in a 9-5 job and never regretted it, I am a stay at home mom now and no regrets either.

2. I am happy to say that I have always made time for myself - signed fo rart classes, courses in community college and currently actively engaged in a book club and an investment club. I love entertaining and experiment a lot with cooking.

Thanks.

3. bindhudani

bindhudani Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Fee like this thread is started just for me.I've just resigned my job.My office timings were 10-8.So literally 9-9 i'll have to be away from home.My 3 yr old kid ,at the mercy of servant maids.No play....poor attention in studies......I wanted to be with my kid and so I've resigned.
    I am looking for a 9-5 job though am happy to be full time at home.
    Can somebody suggest some 9-5 jobs?Am an MBA.Right now am investing in stock market.
    Thanks in advance
    Bindhu

4. Shilpa77

Shilpa77 Senior IL'ite

Hi Srama&bundhuudani,

Good to know you both prefer that!!,,,

Srama - you seem be very practical.. I like that!

Bindhuudani - i know it is stressful, because i once had a 9-5 job but was under extreme:crazy pressure working late nights and early mornings.. Crazy life, later i chose peace, health & family-time over money!..

Good luck with your job hunt..

5. Rashmita

Rashmita New IL'ite

Well, I'm only at the beginning of my career, and am still experiencing new stuff :D I'd rather work more and learn lots of things and don't get bored easily... I don't think I could if I had a 9-5 job... On the other hand, I'm sure in the next years, when I'll get married and perhaps even wanna have kids, I'll prefer the other option!
    As for my hobbies, they are related to my job and can't separate them... that's a good think, I know :clap

6. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

This is the just the thread for me. I am a software engineer, though I go in at 8.30 and leave at 5.30, I am pretty much irritated with my work environment. I am thinking, the actual amount of moeny I am saving after all the expenses for full day care, is it worth that meagre amount?

7. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hello friends,

I am currently in a 9-5 job, and login from home very very rarely. Also I have flexible work options and work from home options. I am thankful to god for this.

Love Anu

8. madhupriya24

madhupriya24 New IL'ite

Hi friends
    I really am happy to see that there are many of us opting for a 9-5 job.Especially because of our kids!!!!! My kid asks me Ma,Why don't u be at home and receive me like my friend Mithali's mother does?What can be my answer? It's just like moving into a hell.

9. Santhoshi

Santhoshi New IL'ite

Hi srama,

many people like me want to work in 9-5 job. i have been in shifts and till now not able to get out from it even married no considerations. sometimes i dont talk my DH for 3 days continuously due to shifts. just using home for cooking, sleeping and gettin ready to office.

terribly need a work, environment change for me.

10. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

1. Mine is definitely not a 9 to 5 job.. but I work at flexible time which gives me the ability to balance work and life really really well.

Though I do bring work to home, considerable compromises on the career ladder help preventing work spill over life and I have no regrets on the compromises. I am happy the way things are and immensely grateful to God for the same. :)

2. Yes I do chase my dreams with passion - I seize them too at times. :)
    My hobbies (oil painting, writing, drawing, blogging etc) rejuvenate me. Thanks to my DH for letting me chase my dreams.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010