1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best gift

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sudhakrishna, Sep 1, 2010.

1. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Kuku….kuku the alarm is ticking for the fifth time. Its 6 am. Chitra half heartedly switched off the alarm. She saw her husband Hari and her son Shaam sleeping. “Just 10 minutes! a small nap” her heart wanted. But her mind said “Its already late…… hurry up Chitra.” She woke up and started her routing work.
    6.45 Hari woke up and asked for coffee. She was in the bathroom. ”it’s on the dinning table” she said. Its not as hot as he expected. But he cannot expect more than that. If he ask some thing then there will be the starting of III world war.
    “Why he didn’t tell anything” Chitra thought. But she cannot afford to waste a single second. She started preparing breakfast and lunch.
    Next her biggest is to get Shaam ready to school. “Shaam wake up! its 7”. “Shaam its 7.05” “hey will you wake up or I’ll pour cool water its 7.10” “Hari please wake him up already its late.” Shaam slowly woke up and said “why are you shouting always can’t you speak politely” “shut up go and brush” she yelled. Her run behind Shaam began.
    “why same idlli. I can’t eat it, its so hard. Give chocos atleast. What curd rice for lunch. I’ll better starve than to have. Please give chappati ma.” Shaam started complaing.
    She surrendered and said”please Shaam today alone you adjust. Tomorrow I’ll prepare what ever you want.” “daily you are telling same thing okay give”
    “where is the socks, idcard ,belt.” Chitra gave everything to him. By the time “pom…pom” the school van has come
    “Don’t go out in the evening. Be in the home itself. Finish off your home work. Practice violin atleast for 15 mins . I’ll be little bit late today”. So many advices and orders she gave.
    Its 8.15. She made every thing ready for Hari right from innerware to bank passbook, watch to laptop charger. She dressed up quickly and ate 2 idllis left by Shaam. Very hard. But she swallowed it.by 8.45 Chitra hurried for her office.
    This is routine in her life. Always she has to do one thing or other in the house or at office. She can’t spend atleast ½ an hour for herself. Always shouting at others and running behind time. She has forgot to laugh.
    Tomorrow is her birthday. Shaam wanted to bring change in her routine. He requested her to take leave tomorrow. After long and repeated requests she got leave.
    TODAY IS THE DAY..
    Kuku…kuku…. Its 6.00 the alarm is ringing. She thought “ Today I need not run behind the time let me have extra 10 mins sleep”. First time in her life she listened to her heart.
    “wow how refreshing” she woke up and started her routinge 6.45 hot coffee is waiting for Hari. Both had coffee together. Shaam woke up and wished her. He presented her a cute hair clip and one request. “Mom today you should watch only kids channel, only cartoons okay””why! Today is my day , I should see anything of my choice” she said. “ Please ma for my sake” he pleaded. “okay I agree”she surrendered. Shaam went to school and Hari to office.
    After breakfast she switched on the T.V. First cartoon network. Tom and jerry. Tom was running behind Jerry and Jerry was running behind Tom. Lots of fun. She laughed heavily. Then she watched Takheshi’s castle in pogo. She could not control herself and rolled down in laughter. She watched Mr.Bean. Amma…… awesome..so many cartoon she enjoyed so much that the forgot to take her lunch.
    Shaam came home by 4. Chitra ran towards him and said”Thanks Shaam. Today I enjoyed the whole day. My mind is also relaxed. I laughed like anything which I have forgotten to do so for long time. Thanks for cheering up me.”
    Shaam felt this would be a best day for her and proper gift to her. Here after she won’t shout. Now she know how to refresh her mind.

2. rashmee

rashmee Junior IL'ite

wow ....such a beautiful gift....
    very nice post ...keep it up

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha

Wonderful post and lovely gift. Children sometimes teach us good things. We have to learn a lot from them

love
    viji

4. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

WOW!! Sudha, wonderful story and neat write up. U have give a nice way to refresh, I think instead of watching the boring serials, we too can watch selected cartoon shows.

all the best.

andal

5. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Very nice short story Sudha.. Lovely. I enjoyed reading it...

6. vimalalucky

vimalalucky New IL'ite

Language is fine . simple but interesting story. Keep it up

7. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Hi thanks All for your valuable comment.This is my first try