1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best feeding bottle for 3 month baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by mrssiva, Mar 8, 2013.

1. mrssiva

mrssiva Silver IL'ite

Friends
    i have 3 months baby..i need to practice her in feeding bottle / Sipper.
    I trained her with expressed milk from 15 th day itself.
    but past some days c refused to drink ..
    i used first step brand, tell me in which c can practice quickly..

its very tuff process to bottle feed.. please suggest any idea..

i thought to breast feed till one year , from 6th month hav to introduce cow milk know..my mom asked me to practice in bottle ..

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Did you stop bottle feeding for few days? If so she might have got used to the comfort of EBF. So it would take time to shift/train to bottle feed. Also though earlier it was the norm to introduce cows milk at n early stage, slowly awareness is spreading about giving formula till 1 year and shifting to cows milk later.

3. LunaDoveDesigns

LunaDoveDesigns Silver IL'ite

Cow milk should not be used for infants under age one. It doesn't have the proper balance of nutrients for human babies. At this ages and until she turns at least one year old, all she needs is breast milk or formula. If you use a bottle, please only put expressed breast milk or formula intended for human babies in it.

I used the Breast Flow bottles. http://www.thefirstyears.com/wps/portal/breastflow We had no trouble with them.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Initially I started with Dr. Browns bottles. I noticed that baby wasn't really feeling comfortable with this. Then I changed to Playtex...I felt she started having more gas. Then finally got hold of NUK. I was so happy....all problems solved.

What I am saying is, you could try changing the bottle to a different brand. And yes, NO cows milk before 1 year.

5. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Its good to BF her till 1 year,but if you have any problem with BFing,then its your call.did you check with your pead?

Anyway,iam using Pigeon bottle for DD.Its good.

6. pamrang

pamrang Senior IL'ite

Similac & Avent bottles are good for transitioning from breast. But, I don't know if they are available outside the USA.

7. mrssiva

mrssiva Silver IL'ite

Friends thank u for ur suggestion ..
    since im in village i can get pure cow milk .. So i used tat .. past some days only bf ..

if i ask my pead he ll kill me ..within 2 months i ll shift to chennai , as u said i ll start giving formula milk .. lactogen or nan

8. mrssiva

mrssiva Silver IL'ite

Friends thank u for ur suggestion ..
    since im in village i can get pure cow milk .. So i used tat .. past some days only bf ..

if i ask my pead he ll kill me ..within 2 months i ll shift to chennai , as u said i ll start giving formula milk .. lactogen or nan

9. LunaDoveDesigns

LunaDoveDesigns Silver IL'ite

Be careful about the cows milk. Your baby is way too young to be drinking that. She needs HUMAN milk. Her digestive system can't handle anything else yet, pure or not. There is too much fat and not enough vitamins/minerals in cows milk for a baby that young. In addition, feeding cows milk can lead to severe iron deficiency that can cause irreversible developmental delays.

Cow's Milk for Babies?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.