Bengali Cotton Sarees/Suits

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by azraa, Jul 12, 2009.

1. azraa

azraa Silver IL'ite

hello ladies,

i'm azra from hyd, i think this is the right place to ask my question. i had started a thread in the women enterpreneurs but didnt get replies.

i simply love bengali cotton sarees and suits- i bought some from the industrial exibition we hav in hyd every year in january.

i've never been to kolkota but wud love to go there, can anyone tell me where i can find simple cotton sarees and suits and other varieties like jamdani and kantha work sarees and suits? what is the starting price? i'm looking for casual wear.

or can anyone send some designs online and send it to my place in hyd.

pls PM me, i'l give my e mail id there.

thanks

azra

2. azraa

azraa Silver IL'ite

no replies!

i was hoping many ppl wud reply!

3. debjanisen

debjanisen New IL'ite

Hey Azraa,
    Sorry for replying late. Please don’t mind…there are plenty of saree shops in Kolkata. I am giving you a list of shops where you can get which are sure to satisfy you…

traders assembly - gariahat more
    adi mohini mohan kanjilal - college street crossing
    saree khuti - gariahat
    prio gopal bishpoi- college street

All these shops not only deal with cotton sarees but also variety of other sarees. And I am it will be difficult for you to settle with one variety. True!!!!!!

And if you want to get cotton sarees form the weavers then you will get that from Shantipur, Phulia, it is often called weavers’ den… It’s about 2 hours journey from Kolkata

Enjoy buying sarees and salwars…
    Take care,
    Debjani

4. azraa

azraa Silver IL'ite

thank u so much debjani! thanks a lot, u were of great help to me i appreciate it.

surely i'l not settle on one saree!

thanks

azra

5. kdalal

kdalal New IL'ite

Hey Azra.. I know its quite late to reply. But i do run a handloom in shantipur and can provide you bengali tant saree. If interested then do reply back. Currently i am running my wholesale business from bangalore & chennai.

6. ssdonkar

ssdonkar Silver IL'ite

Hey am interested can u send me the catalogue ?

regards

Aaditi

7. kdalal

kdalal New IL'ite

Hi Aaditi,

I will surely do that. But before that can you provide your details. Such as the range within which you are looking for. I have saree starting from 700 till 10 K.

So will like to know your preference.

Please do provide couple of details such as mail id, address where the saree need to be delivered, quantity you are looking for. If the quantity is high then i can provide it in lesser amount.

Regards,
    Krishna

8. mariaa

mariaa New IL'ite

hi
    im based in b'lore ,would like to buy bengal cotton sarees in bulk.would like to visit ur store in b'lore

9. pari1989

pari1989 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Search for classic bengali sarees on facebook. You have got many designs and can order online. I have ordered and happy with the quality & Price. Hope this helps.