1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Benevolence Of Mendicant

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thyagarajan, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Benevolence of Mendicant :hello:
    It was bright morning. I was looking from my balcony, a brown-white cow limping, reaching in front of wide entrance below to my building. At a distance across the road, it’s calf cowering looking at non stop flow of traffic.

Two dogs were always around the mutton stall on the side of the road where this calf was struggling to reach its mother.

A disabled mendicant little away from shop was lying on the side walk in tattered clothes exposed to full sunshine. In rush-hour, with traffic signal non-functional on either end of this one-way road, I was wondering how and when the calf is going to be united with its mother on the standing on opposite side.

It was then, a lady in churidar-Kurtha parking on kerb side her scooter on it’s side stand close to the mendicant, left a parcel of food & a bottle of water. She woke him up loudly uttering some words. He staggered and sat. The two dogs rushed to him and stood by his side. He opened the food packet spread its content and offered it to them. The lady left.

The mendicant saw at a distant the calf and it’s mother on the opposite side of the road. He crawled up on side-walk for a while, reached the spot where calf stood & then gently hopped on to the road began moving across the road dodging the fast moving traffic. He gestured to the calf to join him and the calf obeyed and both by and by were able to reach the cow near entrance to my building.

My eyes welled up thanking the lord for demonstrating His compassion & benevolence through souls that could not or could never speak.

My first notable experience with morning-milking-cow some sixty years ago was quite different.
    It would be a different kind in the link:
    Milking exchanges

Gauri03, umaakumar and maalti like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Dear sister @maalti .

Since I read your post ending in wagging tail of Balram, my mind is replete of incidents of dogs. A dog-bite that saved my bosom friend, a dog that refused to return home till her lady master returned from her in-law’s home, a dog that was regularly visiting a railway station in undivided Germany before its break-up et al.

The sight at the street I narrated above is one such though those two dogs are not the pragmatists.