1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Benefits of Raw Fruits

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by krishnaamma, Oct 9, 2007.

1. vatsala

vatsala New IL'ite

dear krishnamma , thank you very much, the articles are very informative.

2. vinu.satish

vinu.satish New IL'ite

hi krishnamma madam, bonk

im vinu and im married. i have a daughter and she is 9 yrs. I was searching for a diet chart so very badly. my husband never likes me going to gym or yoga classes. I saw your excellent subject about raw fruits and its benefits. i will definetly follow the way it is said and im sure that i will reduce my weight.Tk cr and bye.

3. jaisapmm

jaisapmm Silver IL'ite

Dear krishnamma ,

Thank you very much

The articles are very informative.

g8

Currently where r u
    Are u in INdia or saudhi

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Hi vinu,

no problem, you can visit my thread on diet, or just click the link under my signature. " kitchuppa's diet" it is not actually a diet you can follow that type of food daily without any problem and no need to go to gym and all.

One of my friend Vahee used to do "sit ups" that is " தோப்பு கரணம்" and another friend will go up and down the stairs. I also gave one link in that site to do ground exercise inside the house. so dont worry follow the diet plan and do small exercises so that you can reduce easily 10 kgs in 3 months. for that you can visit Vahee's thread also. many reduced like her. so start today. all the best.

5. krishnaamma

Hi all other ILs,

thanks for your complement and wishes. surely Let me start work on this and surely I will post. :thumbsup

6. samba

samba Bronze IL'ite

Dear krishma,
    very excellent and useful info.........lol:thumbsup

7. deeps1

deeps1 New IL'ite

Thanks Krishnamma for sharing the information.!

8. krishnaamma

Hi samba and deeps,

thanks for stepping in.:thumbsup here are some more details about fruits. enjoy!

9. krishnaamma

Kiwi Fruit

This fruit consists of a hairy, brown peel containing green flesh, ( some times yellow) with white pulp in the center, surrounded by black, edible seeds. The appearance of the fruit itself very good to eyes. The fruit has a sweet taste, similar to a mixture of banana, pineapple and strawberry.

Kiwifruit is one of the world's most nutritious fruit and it contains very high levels of vitamin C, Vitamin A and E and it contains potassium and chlorphyll. It contains a wealth of nutrients and antioxidants. It has anti-cancer effects.

Kiwifruit should be eaten as soon as they are ripe, and sliced just before being eaten, as leaving them standing could decrease their vitamin C levels.
    Kiwifruit also serves as a natural blood thinner.

A recent study performed at the University of Oslo in Norway reveals that--similar to popular mainstream aspirin therapy-consuming two to three kiwifruit daily for 28 days significantly thins the blood, reducing the risk of clots, and lowers fat in the blood that can cause blockages.

So the next time you see "kiwi fruit" in the shop I think you will buy it.:thumbsup

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  10. krishnaamma

Lemon

Key benefits of lemons:

It is a very common fruit and we get this almost through out the year.

Lemons have a very high vitamin C content. Lemons help to lower cholesterol levels and also have anti-cancer effects.

Lemons are low in calories, but because they are generally quite sour, they tend to be eaten in dressings, sauces or drinks, rather than on their own.

Limonoids and limonene are found in the whole lemon – pith and peel included. It is therefore best to make use of the whole lemon.

Generally we use Lemon for putting pickle, making rice,juice and lemonade. other than these there are many other uses. Let us see some of them here.

Lemon juice and honey, or lemon juice with salt or ginger, is good as a cold remedy.

Lemon juice with honey in empty stomach will reduce weight. Before doing exercise have some lemon tea it will give you good energy.

Slices of lemon are served as a garnish with salad, with iced or hot tea, to be squeezed for the flavorful juice.

We use lemon in many ways. Lemon juice, fresh, canned, concentrated and frozen, or dehydrated and powdered, is primarily used for lemonade, in carbonated beverages, or other drinks.

It is also used for making pies and tarts, as a flavoring for cakes, cookies, cake icings, puddings, preserves and pharmaceutical products.

A few drops of lemon juice, added to cream before whipping, gives stability to the whipped cream.

You can preserve Lemon peel and use to bake goods and also you can use them for beauty purpose. Lemon is used in facial masks for refreshing the skin.

The grated rind of the lemon, called lemon zest, is used to add flavor to baked goods, puddings, rice and other dishes.

When lemon juice is sprinkled on certain foods that tend to oxidize and turn brown after being sliced, such as apples, bananas and avocados, the acid acts as a short-term preservative by denaturing the enzymes that cause browning and degradation.

Natural deodorants are generally made from lemon extracts.

Lemon juice is valued in the home as a stain remover, and a slice of lemon dipped in salt can be used to clean copper-bottomed cooking pots.

Lemon juice has been used for bleaching freckles and is incorporated into some facial cleansing creams.

Lemon peel oil is much used in furniture polishes, detergents, soaps and shampoos. It is important in perfume blending and especially in colognes.

Lemon peel, dehydrated, is marketed as cattle feed.

some tips:

Before squeezing the lemon keep it in a microwave for 30 sec. By this you can squeeze the lemon easier.

Raw lemon can be used as a short term deodorant. Yes, By keeping a piece of lemon in the fridge, you can avoid the odor.

When mixed with baking soda, lemon can remove stains from plastic food storage containers.

while traveling you can have a whole lemon with you to avoid "vomiting sensation". you will feel fresh when you smell lemon.

A halved-lemon dipped in salt or baking powder can be used to brighten copper cookware.

Even we use lemon leaves to make "Nartha illiai podi".

( நார்த்த இலை பொடி) it is very good for health.

We can use lemon in the form of citric acid also when we put 'vathal or vadam'.

You can put dried lemons in 'sega kaai powder' (சிகைக்காய் பொடி

when you grind other ingredients for that.

You can also share the other uses of lemon here.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008