1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Benefits of Raw Fruits

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by krishnaamma, Oct 9, 2007.

1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rekhas,

Good informations about banana. :bananaThanks for sharing here. I have to put more in this thread. :tongue

2. msquare

msquare Senior IL'ite

please visit whfoods.com

3. sonalipd

sonalipd New IL'ite

Hi
    Just found this thread and was amazed at the info. thanks a lot.I am storing it on my PC.I am doing a raw food diet and eating a lot of bananas.I was concerned of putting a lot of weight.But your thread has helped me.:banana
    sonali

4. krishnaamma

HI Sonali,

Thank you for your feed back. I recd. very less feed backs for this thread. So I stoped posting. After getting your feed back I am here again.:idea Thank youso much ya.

5. krishnaamma

Figs

The fig is often referred to in the Bible, including its leaves supposedly being used to cover the modesty of the first man and woman.

In Ayurvedic medicine, the fig is used as a tonic, diuretic, and a treatment for gonorrhea.

Traditional Arabian medicine uses figs, which they believe to be diuretic, laxative, and emollient, to treat conjunctivitis, leprosy, and hemorrhoids. They see figs as being strengthening to the body, building stamina and vigor.

Fresh Figs are one of the highest plant sources of calcium and fiber.Dried figs are richest in fiber, copper, manganese, magnesium,potassium, calcium, and vitamin K. They have smaller amounts of many other nutrients also.

Dried or semi-dried figs are a good snack to increase energy and raise blood sugar levels quickly. It is thought that they also have cancer-discouraging action.As figs are very high in sugar content, not too many of them should be eaten.

6. krishnaamma

Grapefruit

Grapefruits usually range in diameter from four to six inches and include both seed and seedless and pink and white varieties. The wonderful flavor of a grapefruit is like paradise as is expressed by its Latin name, Citrus paradisi.

Choose grapefruits that are heavy for their size, quite firm, with tight and shiny skin. Avoid overly soft fruits with dull- colored skin.You can eat fresh fruits to get full use of it. Grapefruits can also be eaten like oranges. You can peel them with your hands or with a knife.Another way to serve grapefruit is to peel and slice them.

Pink and red varieties are high in beta carotene, a precursor of vitamin A.
    High in vitamin C and potassium.
    A good source of folate, iron, calcium, and other minerals.
    High in fiber, low in calories.
    Contain bioflavonoids and other plant chemicals that protect against cancer and heart disease.
    Grapefruit Lowers Cholesterol, Protection against Colon Cance.
    Grapefruit Boosts Liver Enzymes that Clear Out Carcinogens.
    Grapefruit may help reduce cold symptoms or severity of cold symptoms.
    Want to reduce your risk of calcium oxalate kidney stones? Drink grapefruit juice.

7. krishnaamma

Grape fruit diet

The Grapefruit Diet, also known as the Hollywood Diet.
    The original diet was an Atkins Style diet with the addition of 1/2 grapefruit before every meal.
    The diet allowed only 3 meals a day and did not allow between-meal snacks. Promotion for the diet was either "lose 10 pounds in 10 days" or "lose 5 pounds in 5 days", and also claimed "there might not be any weight loss the first 4 days, but on the 5th day, 5 pounds would be gone".
    The grapefruit was supposed to have fat-burning enzymes, but there is no evidence that any such enzymes exist.
    Grapefruits, however, are a good food to include in a sensible weight-loss diet; a serving contains less than 100 calories, and its high-fiber content satisfies hunger.
    If you're trying to lose weight, make grapefruit your first course to help prevent overeating.
    It's also an ideal snack food.

Hi ladies,

We can try this also for weight reduction.

8. krishnaamma

Benefits of grapes

Both red and black grapes contain powerful antioxidants and resveratrol, which helps to prevent both the narrowing and hardening of the arteries.

Ellagic acid, which has anti-cancer properties, is also contained in grapes. They do, however, have a very high sugar content.
    Grapes have many health benefits, but have a high sugar content and should therefore be eaten in moderation. And sugar patients please avoid grapes.

Grapes are a good source of potassium.

9. krishnaamma

Benefits of kiwifruit

Kiwifruit is one of the world's most nutritious fruit and it contains very high levels of vitamin C, potassium and chlorphyll. It contains a wealth of nutrients and antioxidants. It has anti-cancer effects.
    An average kiwifruit weighs 75 g. It is a very healthy fruit and can be eaten in many different ways.Kiwifruit should be eaten as soon as they are ripe, and sliced just before being eaten, as leaving them standing could decrease their vitamin C levels.

Have you tried this fruit. really tastes great. I love them.:crazy I will remove the skin and eat the fruit.

10. krishnaamma

Benefits of lemon

Lemons have a very high vitamin C content. Lemons help to lower cholesterol levels and also have anti-cancer effects.
    Lemons are low in calories, but because they are generally quite sour, they tend to be eaten in dressings, sauces or drinks, rather than on their own.

A daily portion of citrus fruit is recommended.Limonoids and limonene are found in the whole lemon – pith and peel included. It is therefore best to make use of the whole lemon.:idea