Benazir Killed.

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Kamla, Dec 27, 2007.

1. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Immediately it was Zulfikar Bhutto who came to my mind. How mercilessly he was killed despite the world's outcry.
    Pakistan is a country where anarchism dictatorship is.a regular phenomenon.
    Iam much shocked and really feel sad over thenews.

Few moments back there was a message from Natwar Sing that very recently she had realised that she had blundered as far as relation with India was concerned. He also mentioned she really meant to undo certain action as a matternof repose , like her father.
    I have read few hours before he was hung he praised India and her culture. kanaka

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear kamla,
    A real loss to pakistan, nice woman, one more slaughter for power..sunkan

3. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Very sad and shocking... She was a very brave woman... Feel very sad that she came back to Pakistan and is assassinated. There was an attack on her on Oct 18 also..

May her soul rest in peace.........

4. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

C'mon ladies,

While it is shocking and sad, I wonder why we have to pity this woman and her family who were responsible for killing thousands of Kashimiri Hindus, she was instrumental in building the ISI and had the blood of countless Indian soldiers on her hands.

I do agree that she was charismatic, etc, but then her family had the wealth to afford an Oxford education. Her family plundered Pakistan's wealth and led a life of luxury in England and Middle East.

While I am against violence / suicide bombings etc, I am of the opinion, "You reap what you sow" and I have no tears left for her.

-Vidya

5. PadmaPA

PadmaPA New IL'ite

Well said Vmur

As a civilization we are gentle and forgiving to a fault.

Here we are , mourning the passing of a person who was directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of our countrymen.! shakehead

Please be careful in choosing objects and people that are deserving of your sympathy. tsk

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya,

You said it well...What you sow, you reap!

I am not mourning the death of Pakistan's Benazir Bhutto.

But I am surely saddened at the violence of it all, in our world.

I also mourn the violent end of a very dynamic 'woman'.

L, Kamla

7. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Regardless of what Benazir did, no one deserves to be killed violently. Violence begets more violence - what we need to mourn is the degradation of societal values and respect for human life. If we take the politics out of this and see what is left - just bloodshed and violence. This incident is only going to see more and more innocent people getting killed. I dont think that I can sympathize only with people that are "deserving". I sympathize with every human life that has been lost in this violent war - whether he or she was responsible for another person's death, regardless of their religion or race.

8. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

From the internet link

:: Film Detail ::

But the dreadful events which followed after the proclamation of the superiority of Islamic State by the then Pakistani Prime Minister, Benazir Bhutto started off the strategic killing of Kashmiri Pandit leaders, forcing them to flee their homes and abandon their communities. The systematic killing of the Kashmiri Pandits leaders started of in early 1989-1990 where the stalwarts of the community were slaughtered along with mass killings and molestations of the Pandit women. The exodus of Pandits from Kashmir valley and the ethnic cleansing continues vehemently in the valley till today.

This "woman" was responsible for atrocties on thousands of innocent Indian women. Benazit cynically unleashed violent terrorism against India - today that same terrorism claimed her life.

So what are we supposed to do ? Feel sorry that she is not alive to come back to power and unleash more terrorism against India ?

What's next ? Feeling sorry for Musharraf and Bin Laden when they become victims of their own evil ?

God save India from such "kind-hearted" Indians bonk

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  9. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

I too was shocked today when I heard the news. It is indeed sad and shocking to see such a violent end to any human being.

Regardless of how corrupt she was, I still feel the tragedy. Maybe I might not mourn for a Hitler or an Idi Amin, but for Benazir I do feel that she might be missed by someone somewhere...by her children specially...

The plight of Kashmiri Hindus has been caused by more than just Benazir. For a country like Pakistan that is controlled so much by its military and ISI, most of the times its politically elected PM's are not the ones to decide policy issues. They are power hungry and corrupt, agreed, but also highly ineffectual and with not much real power.

Sharif, it is said was not even in the loop when the Kargil fiasco was decided and launched by the Pak army generals.

Whether Benazir's death is a loss for Pakistan or not, I don't know...but it is indeed a blow to humanity...because along with her more than 20 others were killed. So much destruction of human life...I always wonder after such an incident..what must the suicide bomber be thinking...how cheap must human life be for him to be able to kill so many without any remorse. Such merciless killings can never be condoned. Whether in India or Pakistan.

10. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

We Indians are very humane by nature. That's our weakness as well as strength. Commentable is to see a country sympathising for a person who has been hurling accusations at it till the very last moment.
    I do feel sympathy as a human being.
    Yesterday there was a passing mention about Benazir that while staking claim on her father's property, her husband indirectly assisted the murder of her brother! In pakistan history keeps repating several times with none to read between lines or learn a lesson or two.
    Unfortunately it has been a story of betraying each other. Ther Bhutto will betray Ayub Khan, inreturn bhutto will have his D-day sealed by somebody else. It goes on and on - - - - - -.
    Yesterday the moment I heard of Benazir's assasination what sruck was her unethical attitude to India. Remember her father who wanted to wage 100years war with India. Still India literally pleaded with Pakistan to spare Z.A Bhutto's life. That's culture.
    Iam not sure whether Benazir would have had an amicable relation with india after the (supposedly) election.
    Pakistan has been for ever a pain in the neck for India. Thanks to some of our selfish politicians who had an eye over thePM chair.

Few moths back I happened to read an article in which Nehru is beind quoted as saying"If only I knew Jinnah would live only for few more months
    If only I knew he was a cancer patient in his terminal stage I would have definitely yielded to his wishes! Nehru the Great!
    Pakistan is India's creation. I mean partially.kanaka

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007