1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Being Normal Every Other Day!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by BDivya, May 30, 2016.

1. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Being normal every other day!

It was a cold and windy night and Latha had just made her daughter to sleep and she looked at the wall clock that hung right above the bedroom entrance door. The clock showed 11:00PM. She had come to her in laws house for a short vacation with her husband and daughter. She wanted a few minutes with her husband whom she has been missing since the first month of their marriage. Earlier she stayed in a joint family with her inlaws under the same roof and right after a month of their marriage her inlaws started creating troubles for her and she being straight forward type couldnt cope up with her inlaws politics and ended up fighting and crying with her husband. Since then she had longed for a nuclear family.

After 3 years of their marriage she had got that golden period of staying in a nuclear family after lot of fights and crying and taking all the blame on herself for breaking a lovely joint family. And today she is here in her inlaws house forcefully for the so called vacation! She hated to be here again facing the same non stop issues but she was not given a choice. Her husband was a typical mother-mamma's-boy! who likes to keep his mother happy at the cost of his wife's happiness and respect.

She went outside the bedroom and found her husband sitting between his parents and talking something in a secretive tone. She felt awkward to go sit near them. She just stood there for a moment. Seeing her all 3 stopped talking and turned in different directions. She felt betrayed again. AGAIN! She was feeling very sad that her husband is also taking their side and talking about her in her absence.

But her heart said that her husband might be a good soul. So she wanted to confirm whether her heart or mind is telling the truth. So she went back to her bedroom and stood near the door, hided herself behind the door and listened to their conversation. And..

And her mind won! Unfortunately.

She felt very depressed and betrayed. She started crying. She had no other choice left but to put up with this kind of life. She saw herself crying there helplessly and thought why god had punished her and stood there still as she saw her sleeping daughter who was smiling in her sleep peacefully.

Should we say her inlaws were successfull in retaining their son ?!
    Or should we say she was unlucky ?!

Yet another day bloomed in the morning and she started to prepare breakfast as if she had not cried the previous night thinking about her fate and husband. Thus she started being normal like every other day!

sindmani, rambhu, sreeram and 3 others like this.

2. cravingforhlove

cravingforhlove Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Good one. Why men wil sacrifice their happiness for their parents to the core and they expect their wife also should do the same.

sindmani and yellowmango like this.
  3. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks everyone!

4. mcutiepie

mcutiepie Gold IL'ite

BDivya: I have a different view here... Just imagine if you both have gone to your home... your parents place for a vacation.. what would be the scene there? I can tell from my story that my husband sleeping with my son... or if i visit without husband.. my son is sleeping and I am gossiping with my parents.. and if i assume my husband is there, i will not be able to talk so freely... also if we are talking our intention is not wrong towards my husband or my bhabhi....

same goes when husband is talking to his parents.. yes i know ILs are wrong many a times... even mine does... they keep on saying bad about me to their son but husband has no choice than to listen to them... i can correlate at times my mom cribbing about my SIL... i know mom is wrong but everytime i cannot say same to her as she gets hurt.. so i simply listen and if i feel its important to tell mom she is wrong .. i do that...

sindmani and BDivya like this.
  5. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Divya dear....After liking your post, I totally forgot to type my feedback!!!
    Just loved the story dear!!!!
    Seriously I liked it a lot :clap2::clap2::clap2:
    Also the way you took the story was too good than your first attempt!!!
    Superb dear!!! :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:
    I am eally waiting for read more from you!!
    Because you write well!!! :blush:

BDivya and sindmani like this.
  6. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Oh no even i forgot to post my feedback. Good attempt dear. Very nicely narrated. Keep rocking.

7. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Nice story Divya dear, unfortunately it happens with some womens in reality. :worried::worried:

8. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Hey Divya dear! Wonderful narration as usual! I assume this is next part of your previous story?? Will you continue more dear?

BDivya likes this.
  9. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Nice Dear.... Good Write up.

BDivya likes this.
  10. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Nice one. Reality.

BDivya likes this.