1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Being Happy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PrathimaSathish, Apr 16, 2013.

1. PrathimaSathish

PrathimaSathish Senior IL'ite

Being Happy:rotfl
    That day I was veryhappy to see my little son happy. I just sat and thought for a moment, why ishe so happy.

My son was extremelyhappy for just a small thing. I had promised him to buy a chocolate as that daywas the last working day of his school and his vacations were about to start. Histeacher handed me his report card and praised my son for his activeparticipation in all the Montessori Activities. So, I thought of buying him hisFavourite Chocolate and I did so.

While getting himback from school, I bought him a chocolate. That whole day I observed him. Hewas so happy that day, in good mood, enjoying his playtime. I kept wonderinghow the reason behind his happiness is just a small chocolate.

We elders areconstantly in search of happiness. But we don’t succeed. We don’t even knowthat happiness is within us. We don’t need to search for it.

Happiness for a kidis A Very Simple Thing and is Easily Attainable. But for us it is Complicated and Not Reachable.:crazy
    Happinessfor a kid may be a new bat, ball, toy, chocolate, a ride, .....

But, can we explainwhat happiness means to us? A Gold Chain, a new Car, a new House, ...!?:bonk

Nobody can answerthis. Our needs and demands are never ending.

We have many thingsto learn from our kids. The first thing to learn is Being Happy :)

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Rightly said PrathimaSathish. Our search alas is for something that is often out of our reach. Thanks for sharing. -rgs

3. PrathimaSathish

Thanks rgsrinivasan

4. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Yes, we can get happiness from very small things and for that we should have positive attitude towards life.
    Thank you,
    Lakshmi Bhat

5. PrathimaSathish

Thanx LakshmiKMBhat