1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Being happy at other’s good Fortune

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

A very down to earth approach to the issue of being happy over others' prosperity.. A belated happy birthday and hope you score a century crossing Kushwant's record.v

2 people like this.
  2. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

Belated being happy, for the happy birthday, all good fortunes surround you and your friends as you wished so that no old poor friend to come borrow from you... Yes you have :exactly:pointed the real human nature, the tongue speaks merely for convincing others around or friends, his heart will be telling the truth that we cannot digest immediately at first shot when someone who holds office below your rank and surpass you and reach heights..At work place if this happens we fight for our recognition in the company and question the authority for insubordination..

In reality if we wish to see it, we question god for that, i too did the same why am i still suffering but he had gone ahead brought this that etc...
    Yes if our friends are rich we feel proud as it benefits us in some way.. Humans are truly selfish people, its hard fact, for one or the other reasons we show it and that is why we are made and we are humans....
    We count materialistic things on other's happiness and find ourself low seeing it..
    On your birthday, you have proved you too a true human and god must be happy to bless a human whom he made, who is true in expressing himself...
    Another finest post from bday baby.... Will nominate this for your true revelation of human beings... :iagree will you sir ji....

1 person likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

A Very Happy Birthday to you and what a nice subject to ruminate on your birthday and help us see the beauty of life as well. I have often observed (in myself) that it is very easy and natural for the people we care about irrespective of the relationship. That said, you are absolutely life - it is important to see the joy in what is. For example, if a child does better than mine, instead of feeling bad about it, I do believe it is important to see what my child has achieved/done, show the true joy in it and just be. I am learning that kids can very easily mak eout if we are geuninely happy or not.

Time and again we are presented with situations where we can be happy or helpful to others, irrespective of our past interactions with them. Unfortunately we do tend carry the past interactions and impressions and do not let go thus depriving ourselves of an opportunity for genuine growth and happiness. No doubt it is easier said than done but it is never too late to make a change and I most certainly am working towards it.

Thank you for a lovely snippet and you can be assured that many of us will be thinking of this ....and growing. Hope you had a lovely day on your birthday!

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

Hope by now you have recovered from all of your birthday celebrations?!

So I see you have decided to gift some gyan to all your friends here on your special day! Way to go Kamalji! As we are spread out all over the globe, you cannot distribute the cake and instead decided to give something better... a sweet thought from which one could benefit!

To beat envy and jealousy and be happy at other's prosperity does not come easy to many, unfortunately! They all should read your snippet. How true, if all around you are prosperous and wealthy, they will never covet your prosperity or want anything from you in the form of loan! On the other hand, if you are the only prosperous one and all around you are finding hard to butter their bread, then you will start feeling uncomfortable about your own biriyani!!!!

One should start looking within yourself. I tell myself often that I may not have a beach house or a helipad, but I surely am happy with my humble home and Ipad. There are many who do not even have a pad to sleep in! It is all very relative. In the end, it is what you make of what you have which matters.

Now, I am a wee bit envious of your fortune Kamalji! How come most of your snippets land up in Finest Posts forum and none of mine does?!? shakehead Do check out, both Balajee and the God have nominated this post! Looks like Gods love you! :biggrin2:

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  5. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

First of all, wish you a happy birthday. Good one sir as usual.... But i don’t think (at least in my case) one can be happy when your fellow beings become rich thinking it is good to be one among the crowd of rich people. It is not always easy as we think. Perhaps you could introduce your friend with a Benz car but what if the same person would love to see only such expensive cars during a function at his home. This means a person with a not so expensive car will not be in the guests list at the first instance.
    AS for me, I would prefer to be in company with people who value culture, values and relations more than your bank balance. I remember when I was in school there was a neighboring school coming with more extra circular activities, international syllabus, good infrastructure, Air-conditioned classrooms etc but only condition was that parents need to own a car if your child has to study in that school.
    I felt it was so ridiculous of those school authorities because it means only people with rich cars can be happy in this world. Even if my parents manage to buy a car to get me an admission but within few months I would have come back saying i don’t want this car, i want only Toyota to school. My parents however did foresee this and did not consider this school for my admission. I used to travel my bus while a majority had cars and drivers especially for them. One of my friends who used to travel with me used to tell her friends, “SEE, I don’t prefer to travel in cars which are hardly 3 – 4 lakhs, I prefer to travel only in bus which are bigger and costs four times more than your small cars...............”

6. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Sir,

Forgot to tell you...

This time I missed your jokes at the end of the snippet.

7. JigsSM

JigsSM Silver IL'ite

Wish you a very happy birthday Kamalji.. and your article was very good. :)

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear RGS,

thank u so much dear friend, thank u.

9. kkd18

kkd18 Senior IL'ite

dear kamalji,
    Belated Birthday wishes.
    I am a silent reader of all your posts. i love your jokes and snippets and i have discussed about your jokes and snippets with my husband while talking through mobile since he is in another state for his job.
    Regards
    durga

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kishore,

Thank u so much.Regards

kamal