1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Being good

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by simran4u, Mar 9, 2012.

1. simran4u

simran4u Silver IL'ite

Dear friends, today I was deeply thinking about the one teaching my mother always taught me and that was being good to others. It is easier to instill this thought in our children's mind but really difficult to follow it ourselves. Have you ever thought why our children don't listen to us? This is so because we do not practice what we preach and moreover we do not show them the ideals to follow.

What is lacking in today's generation?The answer to this would be patience and tolerance. This generation can be called a generation of "instant mix". Today's generation wants everything instantaneously. They want readymade or tailormade solutions for all their problems. Instant success has also crept in as a disease in today's generation. They start comparing efforts with results or expected results immediately. Every body is in a rat race and everybody wants to win it at any cost. so in this process the concern for others or even tolerance for the person who has a different point of view than us has diminished. We take a battle field with us wherever we go. This battle is conveniently termed as struggle.

Coming back to the topic of always being good, how is it possible to remain committed to being good. It is only through efforts in the right direction. By efforts in the right direction i mean that let us only think good and pure thoughts, that would get converted to our words , then to our actions and with constant and rigorous practice it will come in our habit and behaviour and finally it will come into our being.

So let us start from the basic level . In order to be good we should always see good in others as well as ourselves. Let us pick only the good in others. It is easier to pick good in ourselves but difficult to pick good in others. After doing that let us enhance it further with the qualities of patience and tolerance. Our mind would always lure us to see negative in others so let us be careful and instill ourselves with elevated thoughts. Elevated or higher thoughts give right direction to our mind and then we can be devoted or committed to the act of being good.

Let us try from today. Let us Be Good

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Thank you for this wonderful blog. What we need to remember is what good acts others have done and what we need to forget is what bad acts others have done. This process needs to be reversed when it originates from us. The first step would be to eliminate all evil thoughts arising in our head. Then our speech should be short and sweat. Our actions should be compassionate and demonstrate the love that resides in us.

Viswa