Being energetic in the evening - How ?????

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by chetavani50, Nov 19, 2014.

1. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    My office working hours are from 9-30 am to 5-30 pm. My commuting time is 50 minutes which means I have to start at home by 8-30 am in the morning and am back home at 6-45 in the evening. I wake up at 5-00 am early in the morning and am active in the early hours. But after coming from office, I feel like my whole energy is discharged and I just sit for sometime. After that also I feel very dull and do nothing except keep rice (I do the curries in the morning and refrigerate it) and then have the dinner. I think of many things like sit with my DD to help her in studies, prepare petty things for the next day, be active in doing things but of no use. Although I try to do more work in the morning, the time is much limited like I have to prepare breakfast, lunch, pack them ,loading washing machine, get my DD ready to school ( all of u know how much time it takes !!!) . My DH helps me with some of the works and I have a maid who comes in the evening for for cutting vegetables, taking care of my DD when she returns from school , folding the dried clothes, arranging the cleaned utensils . No too much strain but still feel exhaustive. Is it common or else am I lazy? Please inspire me by telling how you people mange your time in the evenings after coming from office. Any exercise like walking will help? What I feel is that my journey of 30 KMs is making me lethargic . Friends please help me out.
    Thanks for reading the post and again thanks in advance for your replies

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Hi Chetavani,

1. Before starting from the office take some snack which is filling ur stomach for 2 or 3 hours, like dry fruits and nuts laddu, a big glass of milk, or 2 or 3 boiled eggs, a cup of curd, idly, pongal, lemon rice or fruits like papaya, water melon etc.

2. u r tired as you woke up early, r u using office bus for travel? if possible take a nap for 30 min in the bus or where ever u can catch up that nap. Or immediately after reaching home take a nap. wash ur face or take bath u will be recharged.

3. Exercise also important, after lunch in office surroundings take a walk for 20-30 minutes. or while cooking if u can do indoor cycling or some surya namaskarams.

So concentrate on these 3, eat something in the evening, take a nap, do some exercise at sometime in the day

1 person likes this.
  3. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Thank you for your immediate reply Kashmirflower.
    Yeah I do use the office bus for travel but how much ever I try , I am unable to sleep. Anyways, I will follow your advice.
    And further replies friends????

4. shrivni

shrivni Silver IL'ite

Dear Chetavani,

You should be tired dear. . .

You are no way lazy, It is not easy to be energetic after doing all such works and travelling also.

Have some small snack before starting from office. After reaching home, refresh yourself first and do pranayamam for 10 to 15 times. The more oxygen your brain gets, the more energetic you will be and then follow it by a 10 mins thiyanam or shanthi asanam. Now you can work around for another 2 hours energetically.

Hope this helps!!!

Luv and Hugs
    Shrivni

1 person likes this.
  5. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Thanks shri , I do pranayama in the morning . Will surely do it in the evening also.

6. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Wow Chetavani mam, u r a superwoman.
    After doing all that, it is only natural to be tired, u r defintely not lazy.
    C from 5 in the morning till u sleep in the evening, u r constantly on the go, doing this and that, no rest for the mind or body.
    Why don't u try some meditation, after coming home and getting refreshed, just close ur eyes and try to go blank. It is difficult in the beginning, all the thoughts and things vl flash through ur mind. But after some days of this ur mind vl slowly learn to relax.
    And last but not the least, think of urself and don't feel guilty that u cannot do this for ur DD or ur DH. 30 MNS OF TIME FOR URSELF, JUST DOING NOTHING AND CLOSING UR EYES AND RELXING VL REJUVINATE U.
    Hope this is helpful.

7. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Are you able to save some of the chores to the weekend? Doing laundry, making big batches of food that can be used during the weekdays. You get up at 05:00 which mean that you have to go to sleep at 10:00 pm to get 8 hours of sleep. Are you able to sleep longer in the morning?

8. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I too feel tired in the evenings when I am back from work although I don't travel like you. The mind transition from office to home was something to tackle in my situation.

I need compulsory quiet time in the evenings. I just listen to music or read a book for half an hour. Sometimes I chat with the cook or maid and inquire about their lives. It relaxes me a bit. I go for a walk in the morning every day for 20 minutes. Definitely it improves the fitness. Make some healthy juice or drink in the evening for yourself. Get good amount of sleep like 8 hours in the night.

I mentioned some general tips that work for me from time to time. Keep evenings to relax yourself and recharge for the next day instead of repeating the household work.

P.S - Apart from physical tiredness, one needs to a check on mental fitness too. Avoid cluttering your mind with unwanted thoughts and worries. It normally pulls you down easily.

1 person likes this.
  9. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Thank you Madhuprabha, crayoness, hridhiya for your replies . Good positive replies. Love you all. A part of my guilt is gone after reading your replies friends. More inspirations please......

10. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

when you feel tired after coming back from office..why don't you lie down with your DD on the bed or on the floor and read her some story books, or just talk to her about her day......or simple let her talk, about whatever she wants to speak about..this way you will get rest, plus some together time with DD

2 people like this.