Being Average..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Apr 27, 2021.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

On a lighter note..One thing I can say in my eyes as a success factor of my life is..

I have always done things I always wanted no matter what.

If I wanted it..nothing or no one can stop me but somehow never had interest in a career.It’s not that I cannot do it, just that am not interested
    this video is very valuable.Thank you for that :)

Hopikrishnan likes this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Beautifully said!

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Okay..quick question..how come
    You are witty and have an answer to everything which hits the heart in the perfect spot!:eek:

You are the Sadguru of IL!:)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    nandinimithun and Rihana like this.
  4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

This is powerful! Those who learn that no one has time to think about them and their success/failure-life become a lot more fun!

Angela123, Rihana and anika987 like this.
  5. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

For websites, success means content. And @anika987 is doing a swell job.

6. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

For Me, at this point of time, success is when i could make a positive impact in one's life. What ever small support i could do to bring smile on their face. Taking small step towards the same.

There is nothing wrong in being average and a lot of people are average.
    What my parents and all my family/extended family have taught us, whatever you learn as a art - be it drawing, singing,dance, craft etc. Teach it to atleast someone and that is when you feel content. You need not attach money to it.
    My mom, maternal aunt, paternal aunts were all home makers. But each one did their best in their own way. My mom and aunt were bery good in singing. But my grandfather never allowed them to pursue it as a career. But after Marriage, when my mom came to settle in a project, initially she would feel what she has learnt is of no use. But after few years, she started to teach music to small kids and also us. Slowly family supported her by getting the musical instrument which was in native. She continued it for 12 yrs. Though she has stopped teaching due to personal reasons, she feels happy that she was able to teach for few years.
    On the other hand, my aunt could not teach music to anyone as she had to take care of her inlaws, bil's and had huge responsibility. But she is also successful in her way as her Husband's siblings are all well settled now have a lot of respect towards her. She turned her passion towards cooking.
    Another aunt supported bother her side and husband side of family. Since they lived in a big city, everyone would go to their house while in search of job, or if they to visit a hospital etc. She would always welcome them with a smile. She had to cook three fresh meals everyday and those days were tough with one person earning and 15 people sitting and eating. My mom and aunt would manage it. She is also successful.
    So everything cannot be measured by money. One can be good at many things . We have to put that to use at some point in time. Be it supporting family/extended family in tough times by providing moral support. It can be teaching the talent we have to someone may be for money or free of cost.
    If we are not doing that today, we will not have much energy as we get older.

For everyone the definition of success is different at different faces of life. It may or maynot be constant.

anika987 likes this.
  7. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

hahaha.... :grinning:that makes a career sound like spinach or broccoli.

And everybody is looking at this career-resister imploring," look at all the indians and chinese who want a career... you must have to have a career, because it is on your plate, so ready and waiting, and besides, it is good for you". :grinning:

8. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Well what is success?? Yes it different to different people....
    For me at this point of time it means to wake up and be healthy.
    To be inside my cocoon for as long ad i want to.
    To have a positive mindset for a whole day irrespective of the tumultuous things that disturbs me.
    To search for my true self and look for the light within.
    To plant trees as much as possible.

anika987 likes this.