1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Being a role model, how difficult can it be???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

thozhi4u,

Welcome here.

Many a times, there are people who make great role models but lousy parents too..(will not give examples, as they are controversial), yes experiences are great teachers and if you are a student always, you learn from them everyday....

Thanks for being here.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear shan,

late entry from me but glad i did not miss this as it is a favourite topic in our house..:)

atleast you girls still have a chance as your kids are growing up but OMG mine is over:),just kidding as it is a life long process,no?

now she is an eighteen year old ....we treat her as an adult as she has very definite views and thoughts...generally we talk of everything as friends...yes, i do keep the thought "it was so different in our times " to myself...always there to listen and TRYING not to be judgemental..

and I do confess to her about not being the" perfect" person always and that since she still has age and time on her side she can be a better person than me.. :)

love
    mindi

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

mindi dear, :cheers...
    I believe that being there for the kids is a life long process.

Good to know that you share the same views as mine with regard to being a role model.

I feel, without being worried about being on the pedestal it is great to step down and say i am not perfect, but you can be perfect, by learning from my mistakes.

thanks for being here buddy...

4. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shanvy

Nice to see your passage on "being a role model....." very correct. You have a very great soul. Thats why you can think about all these and share it with everybody. Hats off to you Shanvy. I am going to read all your blogs and trying to understand how to be a role model and how to be an example (atleast at my mid 30s). Examples can be of two types. A good one and a bad one. I will be a good example.....I swear!!

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Deraj,

I am humbled to see that my blog has made you sit and think and analyze..

I just share what i have seen around, and what i have learned through my experiences...

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i wrote this few years back, and introspect on the subject every now and then.

It takes a lot to stand up for your kids..but the first step starts with you kneeling and reaching to him rather than expecting him to leap up to you..and this piece of news really made me feel happy

just wanted to share it here