1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Behind the Wheel Test

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bay Area' started by Geetha24, Feb 15, 2007.

1. sunita04

sunita04 New IL'ite

Yes, I was there at the ponderosa park meet.

2. nami

nami New IL'ite

sunita,can u plz tell me wat does the dmv ppl basically ask during the behind the wheel test at santa clara

3. minu

minu New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I have to give my road test soon.I got an appointment on 19th sept at San Jose dmv.Can some one help me in telling how is san jose dmv .I heard santa clara dmv people r very strict .what about san Jose?
    Minu

4. minu

minu New IL'ite

Hi
    I did not pass my road test today.The examiner was not satisfied by the Lane changes i made.Acc to her i did not check all the mirrors and blind spot.I will practice more and will try my luck second time.
    Minu:cry:

5. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

I'm sorry to hear you didn't pass your road test, Minu. I'm sure if you take what the examiner said into account, and practise more, you'll pass the second time. Try to have a positive attitude despite this setback, and work on correcting those things that tripped you up.

The blind spot is something they're very strict about, and with good reason. Even after you pass your test, you need to pay attention to this particular safety measure when you are driving. For the next test, try to make it clear that you're checking the blind spot and mirrors (make sure you move your head, and not just your eyes), without taking your eyes off the road in front of you for too long.

Good luck for next time!

Ansuya

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  6. minu

minu New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for ur support & suggestions.I will keep them in mind and will be more careful next time.
    Minu

7. preetideepa

preetideepa New IL'ite

hi girls,

what all do tey ask in behind the wheel test?
    do they ask us to park car ?

do they take us on highway ?

Iam taking the test at santa clara...plz let me kno if there is anything specific

8. kavithol

kavithol New IL'ite

hi

park the car... we dont have parallel parking in ca.. so u need to bring it just to a stop(in one of the parking lots) avaliable in dmv when the exam ends.

you might be asked to slow down and to stop at the curb and perform backing.

probably they wont ask you to drive on highways.

Always make a appt in the morning. I would suggest you guys to take test in santa teresa dmv. Because this area is not busy and u can drive with much confidence. even when u make errors, do drive confidently..

The most weird thing also can happen, like an emergency vehicle passby.. dont wait for others to move to the right, u move and stop at the shoulder if u r in the rightmost lane.

all the best guys,
    cheers,
    Kavi

9. preetideepa

preetideepa New IL'ite

hey kavi,

I hav given my written test in santa clara can i given my behind the wheel in santa teresa.

10. kavithol

kavithol New IL'ite

yes sunita.. its all u have to select santa teresa dmv when u fix an appt online.

all the best!!

cheers,
    Kavi