1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Behind every successful woman- - - - - - ?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka, May 26, 2008.

1. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Brindhak's post saying'Behind every succesful man------ is the triggering factor for this thread.

Once a mischeivous friend of ours said

Behind every successful man there is a lady
    And behind every successful woman is her body(figure)

Ofcourse though we may not admit openly, all ladies in the heatrs of hearts enjoy that aspect and agree to themselves. A beautiful woman is always envied by us. Then that also adds up to their future prospect.(All).

Jokes apart, many of us have climbed the ladders of success only with the moral support of a man irrespective of the equation we have with them. Why shy to admit and applaud a quality which is shared by them too.

A lady may turn against another lady but men in general are not vindictive.
    Whether be on personal front or official side men do comfort advice and give a moral boost.

I can quote many examples of father/brother make us come out of the bad situation, help us stand on our feet during times of misfortune. There are spouses with whom life may be pretty difficult but there are others whom we need to credit as pat of our
    victory.

May be a very minor example, yet let me say that. There are girls who tell many of us "it is my father who supported me in thwarting that proposal. It is my father /brother who vehemently argued with the family that I need to study, i need to work if I desire.

Many of my credits I owe to my husband.

The only problem with men is they are 95%rational and 5% emotional and we tend to be 95% emotional and 5% rational in addressing problems. Do you have anything to say? kanakaBig Laugh

Last edited: May 26, 2008

2. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,

Your last statement summed up beautifully whatever i wanted to say.

Yes we think a lot more emtionally while the rational thinking more often than not is done by the Men. Stern interiors and sterner exteriors i believe.

And yes your opening lines do stand very true also. Beauty does have its plusses apart from being a feast for the eyes.

Love,
    Devika

3. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mam,

I accept the last two lines of your post. We women approach a problem / situation emotionally but when approached my men it is different.

For instance my son is a rettai vaalu. He is hyper active at times. I am the one who sit with him for his studies. My son is adamant at times. Though I know that I should tackle him in a softer way, i get emotional at times and start shouting at him and the end result he gets more aggressive and doesn't want to write/ read.

My husband often compliments me for the patience (mostly there but lost when needed) I have with my son to make him sit and study. He would say " I know that our son is adamant and aggressive at times, but if u continue being patient during the time he is cranky then he would like to study with interest. if u loose patience then he loses his interest". I started controlling my anger and now i can c the change in me and the interest shown by my son is more when compared earlier.

During my childhood days i was literally pampered by my father being the only child. I would have asked him something in the morning and he would c to that he got me the same in the evening. He used to be strict whenever necessary but lenient most of the times.

After I was married i expected the same kind of treatment from my husband too. But my husband made me understand that though he would get me what I wanted, I should slowly change this attitude of getting things done. He said that " If I am not able to get u something for some reason your this attitude would make you fall in deep stress and coming out of it is not easy".

Took his advice and now I am leading a happy life with my elders & God's blessings.

I too owe all the thanks to my husband who is very understanding:bowdown.