1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Behind every Successful Man there Is A Woman.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Nandshyam, May 31, 2008.

1. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

.....thats what we have been hearing all these years.

Now, we gals, lets talk about women's achievements and how a man was there all along.

A man behind a successful woman.

Please do share situations in your life or your loved/known ones, how a woman was able to achieve whatever that this and how a guy was there to support her all the way !!!

I was reading an article in Vikatan recently, which actually inspired this thread.

Against both the families wishes, a couple gets married. Not just the caste was the issue, the guy didnt even pass 9th and she was some arts major. From childhood her wish was to become an IAS and her parents cursed that all her and their dreams are down the drain.

After marriage, her husband supported her all the way and she had passed her IAS, waiting for posting. She is 25 and they have one daughter BTW. (I have few civil officers in my family and I do know how taxing studying/preparing for these exams would be. )

From day one of her marriage, all she did was study it seems and this husband of hers took care of the family back somewhere in deep south tamilnadu. He used to travel weekends to meet her and stuff.

Amazing isn't?

Please do share any experiences, it can be silly and simple, but end of the day, the point is how the guy supported his gal(wife, daughter, sister) to achieve something.

Let me clarify few things, BTW

(1) I ain't saying, woman cannot achieve on their own or something to that sort. I am just trying to explore this path

(2) I am not commenting to questions, so does that mean homosexuals are not successful?:hiya

(3)
    I am not saying every, because in some situations it might be different, like she working hard on her own or someone other than a man might have been there :) I am just sticking to this combination that's all, but with the exception of relative, like Mother, Sister, Aunt, Daughter, Grandmother :)

Pour in your thoughts

Mods, I did not find an appropriate place for all women to chat, all I saw something close was snippets and express cafe.. so posted it in this section.

Thus this thread is open for women all around the world and not just US of A

Last edited: May 31, 2008
    sindmani likes this.

2. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Hullo.
    I thought about what you said in article. Many husbands give help for wife to achieve something even if generally people think that men dont encourage and only want wife to be under thumb. These days, men are agreeing that co-operating is good idea.
    We have read about some men even in olden days ( when there was child marriages) that encouraged and helped wife to get education. One famous lady Vai.Mu Kothainayaki Ammal (born 1901), Gandhian leader, feminist, writer and editor of a magazine then itself was fully encouraged not only by husband but also father and father-in-law, very rare in those days.Thats is why she could become famous.

Its is very true that woman cannot give full attention and dedication to what she want to do unless she has family support. M.s.Subbhalakshmi and Sadasivam are good example.
    All women achievers always give thanks to their husbands for supporting. Indira Nooyi, Hilary Clinton, or my house maid, same situation.

why so much, i cannot enjoy sitting in front of computer to do surfing or writing comment here, if i have a irritated ,and fault finding husband, right ? For any kind of happy, contented life pattern, mutual helping is very necessary.
    Behind every successful person , there is always a co-operative family member.

sindmani likes this.
  3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Nandshyam,

I felt this would be more suited to Snippets of life so moving it there.

I did read an article in Fortune or Forbes magazine a few years back ( cant recall which), but they had covered successful lady CEO's and in most cases, the hubbys were work at home dads, who were taking care of the family . One couple i can recall very well is the ex CEO of HP Carly Fiorina. her hubby was a stay at home dad. He did work from home for his company, but clearly he took the back seat it terms of his career to help his wife with hers.

Nice thread.

Vandhana

4. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Dear Nandshyam,

I have also posted a thread under "Behind every successful woman -- - - - - ? What a coincidence. kanaka

5. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nandu,

Kanaka had started a similar thread and I have posted my reply there. I am just C & P this here.

We women approach a problem / situation emotionally but when approached my men it is different.

For instance my son is a rettai vaalu. He is hyper active at times. I am the one who sit with him for his studies. My son is adamant at times. Though I know that I should tackle him in a softer way, i get emotional at times and start shouting at him and the end result he gets more aggressive and doesn't want to write/ read.

My husband often compliments me for the patience (mostly there but lost when needed) I have with my son to make him sit and study. He would say " I know that our son is adamant and aggressive at times, but if u continue being patient during the time he is cranky then he would like to study with interest. if u loose patience then he loses his interest". I started controlling my anger and now i can c the change in me and the interest shown by my son is more when compared earlier.

During my childhood days i was literally pampered by my father being the only child. I would have asked him something in the morning and he would c to that he got me the same in the evening. He used to be strict whenever necessary but lenient most of the times.

After I was married i expected the same kind of treatment from my husband too. But my husband made me understand that though he would get me what I wanted, I should slowly change this attitude of getting things done. He would say " If I am not able to get u something for some reason your this attitude would make you fall in deep stress and coming out of it is not easy".

Took his advice and now I am leading a happy life with my elders & God's blessings.

I owe all the thanks to my husband who is very understanding and behind all my success.[​IMG].

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

My husband always gently reminds me when ever I am upset about any relationships that I am the binding force of our family and me being upset bothers him and upsets the balance of our lives - he always assures me that what ever happens, he will understand and support me. This attitude of his and his backing has only made me a better person.

sindmani likes this.
  7. dolorcosta

dolorcosta Senior IL'ite

Dear All

From my experience I find that "Behind vry successful man
    there is a Surprised Woman ! "

Regards.

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nandhu,

Since u ahve specified that only women reply, hence i wont.Big LaughRegards.kamal

9. Nandshyam

Big LaughBig Laugh I was expecting your sweetheart to come and tell us stories of how much you were there for her..

But why not you tell us :mrgreen:

10. Nandshyam

yeah, most of the cases Big Laugh

but seriously, I was actually thinking about the other way around.. ;) any thoughts?

BTW, whats dolorcosta?