1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Behind Every Successful Man ….. Every Sunset Follows A Sunrise.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Dear Diamond sister,
    Thank you from bottom of my heart.
    Regards.
    God Bless Us All always.

iyerviji likes this.
  2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful essay!You have been able to save your friend by timely admission into a hospital.

In earlier days many 'given up' cases have been cured just by common sense or country drugs.Classic examples are found in medical history.There is a saying in Tamil'sukkil ullathu sookshma'( there is miracle in dry ginger)
    1. A very rich lady from Chettinadu wearing dazzling diamonds in her ears and nose came to consult Dr.Mudaliar(Famous Twins) The lady was suffering from severe head ache and sometimes swooned and took hours to regain consciousness .Day by day she became depressed .All the famous doctors were consulted.No remedy. She lost nearly 25 pounds. It is at this juncture, they consulted Dr.Mudaliar.On hearing the patient's history, he saw the patient.He asked her to remove her dazzling nose studs.The lady found some relief. The doctor's diagnosis was correct.Her nervous system was unable to tolerate the dazzlings of the wonderful diamonds.A simple 'don't' relieved the patient of her biting head ache.
    2. Another incident about the famous Dr. Rangachari of GH CHennai.
    It was in 1920s. A full term pregnant woman was travelling in a bullock cart.Accidentally she got injured in her stomach due to which the little finger( in one of the hands) of the baby came protruding out of the pierced stomach.
    It was not yet time for delivery. The relatives brought the pregnant lady to Dr. Rangachari. The Dr. was highly intelligent. He knew that the finger if let outside will get infected and the infection will spread inside killing both the mother and the babe.
    Dr Thought for a while.Just then he saw another doctor wandering in the veranda smoking to his heart's content.Dr. Rangachari went hurriedly near the doctor,without uttering a single word, snatched away the burning cigarette from his hands and hurriedly went inside to treat the patient.

The wandewring doctor thought that Dr, Rangachari is admonishing him for smoking inside the hospital.
    Dr Rangachari just showed the burning edge of the cigarette to the protruding finger of the babe.Being unable to bear the heat, as reflex action,the baby withdrew its finger into mother's stomach. The wise doctor immediately stitched the pierced portion and dressed up. After 20 days, the lady gave birth to the child.It was a safe, normal delivery.Dr.Rangachari attended the case.
    When Dr. Rangachari came out after treating the patient, the doctor who had been
    smoking was waiting outside to seek apology for smoking inside the hospital. Dr.Rangachari exclaimed, yes, smoking is bad. But today it is the cigarette that you were smoking saved the life of a mother and the babe.
    'Fire not only hurts, but also saves'said the doctor.

Jayasala42

3. Thyagarajan

:hello::hello:Dear Madam Sister,
    I am extremely touched with your wonderful response as always been.
    2. The true incident as happened in 1920 is narrated by you from your memory is equally wonderful if not more . My late dad mentioned to me of this baby’s finger jutting out from would be mother’s tummy and the way Dr. Rangachai - the philanthropist- lateral thinking and out of the box treatment fructified eventually safe and natural delivery of robust baby.
    3. My son TS Karthik described this wonderful moment tad differently in the anecdotes compiled and published under the caption “Chicken Soup for Indian Doctors’ Soul” some time in the later half of 2014.
    Thanks for your quick and prompt FB which would also stay green in my memory.
    Regards.
    God Bless Us All Always.

kaniths and GeetaKashyap like this.
  4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Thyagarajan Sir,

A very nice anecdote highlighting invaluable timely help and how some of our mindless acts can get us into serious trouble. Somehow medicines are always in short supply when our patient is critical! Is this some crooked law of nature?

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

n
    :hello:@paru123 Thanks for tapping the LIKE button.Shall be more GLAD If you could jot down your FB.
    God Bless All Always.

6. Thyagarajan

:hello:I was a novice in commercial matters those days and therefore I can’t comment about pharma industry marketing nitty-gritty.
    2. However, to day in modern times scarcity is artificial when so much mass produced in such a short time still discerning minds can see what is happening behind. Even generic medicines under different names by various pharma companies sold at incredibly inflated rates. Example stem cells, Cancer related items.
    3. How come you are interested my last Deepawali releases now. That way I trust you had caught up with my old ones in FICTION including PREGNANT FACTSPREPONDERANCE & PROGNASTICATION.

Thanks for liking the anecdote.
    God Bless Us All Always.

7. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Credit should go totally to @iyerviji :) She bumped the thread. Now that you have given one more link, I will go through it:)

iyerviji likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

@Sandcandy Thanks for tapping the LIKE. Shall be more GLAD If comments are added to the thread.
    Regards.
    God Bless Us All Always.

9. Thyagarajan

:hello:I was a novice in commercial matters those days and therefore I can’t comment about pharma industry marketing nitty-gritty.
    2. However, to day in modern times scarcity is artificial when so much mass produced in such a short time still discerning minds can see what is happening behind. Even generic medicines under different names by various pharma companies sold at incredibly inflated rates. Example stem cells, Cancer related items.
    3. How come you turned to my last Deepawali releases now? That way, I trust you had already caught up with my old ones including PREGNANT FACTS, PREPONDERANCE & PROGNASTICATION under FICTION category.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless Us All Always.

10. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

People with good heart can only get the opportunity to help others and god always send someone to help them too. :)

Thyagarajan and GeetaKashyap like this.