1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

before straightening the hair, is any thermal solution to be used?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Nithy, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Nithy

Nithy New IL'ite

hi,

pls help me, i used the local straighteners with less cost, i'd used 2 times only in 2 yrs, but my hair gone very rough, i cant see my hair, when searching in the net its mentioned like need to use thermal resistance solution before get straightened, i dont knw where i can get in chennai also good product, i wont use often, tell me the solutions to get silky and smoother.

2. kittydoll

kittydoll Senior IL'ite

Hi Nithy,

Yes, You really shouldn't be using straighteners on your hair without applying a heat protectant spray.

You should be looking for products like Dove hair protection spray / Loreal Elnette heat protection gel or spray

Unfortunately, I cant tell you where you can find these products in India coz I don't live there. You should be able to find them in some shopping malls.

Follow these tips:
    1. Brush your hair and make it knot free
    2. Apply heat protectant
    3. Brush again to get an even application all through the hair
    4. Blow dry your hair until it is almost dry
    5. Divide hair in to sections
    6. Straighten your hair in sections

Some people use straightener directly on wet hair although I personally don't recommend it. Hair is most vulnerable when it is wet.

Hope that helps

Regards
    Kitty

3. kittydoll

kittydoll Senior IL'ite

Forgot to add,

it is better to invest in a good quality straightener, than to go for cheap ones, because they can really damage your hair.

Look for ceramic plated ones, they are less damaging and leave your hair silky straight !

Cheers