1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bedtime - routines, techniques, time and tips

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by vasera, Mar 20, 2008.

1. SukiKumaran

SukiKumaran Senior IL'ite

She has been with him only for 2 and half months. she is in the play mood now. i hv told her he has gone to office. so i think she understood and she has not asked abt him . but wheni speak she will grab the phone and want to listen to him and will never gv the phone to me.
    I hvnt bought CDs a lot. But she is mad on TV ads and Serial Title songs. IN TamilNadu the TV will be on for the whole day for serials. so now she is asking to switch on for cartoon or for adsbonk
    Then how do u make her drink liquids.pl share:bowdown Any tips

2. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

:ideaDear Friends,

Let me give you some easy advice from my experience ... I have three kids and all my kids go to bed by 8:00 p.m. sharp to bed and wakes up by 7:00 a.m. in morning ...

The best way is don't allow your kids to sleep in day time nap ... instead play with them or take them for a walk ... But you should keep a time for walking or playing football, cycling etc ... as immediately after finishing walk / playing kids will be tired to sleep ...

So, make that a habit of a regular on routine time ie:...
    4:00p.m. you start a walking or playing, then 1 hour flies in that ... by 5:00 p.m you enter home for tea/coffee etc.. with slight evening snacks ... then by
    5:30 put them in bathtub or bathroom to give bath ... make them to play in that for nearly 15-20 mins... change them into their pyjama after bath then by
    6:00 or 6:30 give them dinner ...
    7:00 or 7:30 give them Fruit / Yogurt/ Milk etc ... By
    8:00 they will be automatically tired but read them books or play music ... they will sleep by themselves ...

It is possible if you make it a habit ... Try them and you will see the results very soon ... But you should be free on those times... Even if your kid sleeps for an hour in day time (by 1:00 or 2:00 in afternoon), it is okay, but take them definitely for a walking after that or play time ... Else he will not get tired ... Make your kids to get tired ... Instead of sitting at home after finishing our house chores to watch TV, we can give our Kid a healthy routine which makes them tired and sleep with out any fuss ... ;-)

This is in my own experience so please do try them friends and share it here ... All the best ... :thumbsup

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  3. tuvila

tuvila New IL'ite

Hi Suki,

My kid misses her dad cos shes been with him all her life except for the past 3mths!!
    My kid is also very fond of ads especially those which feature kids and babies..
    Regarding getting her to drink milk i keep her sippy cup in the fridge for a few
    minutes and take it out saying that it is cold milk.And this fools her into drinking it.But doesnt work always.I also take her to the veranda and force the milk into her mouth..
    But with juices i have no such luck,she just closes her mouth shut.But if ur kid is having fruits then u dont have to force juice on her.That was my docs advice!

Hi lahy15,

I take my kid to a nearby park and we walk and run and play for nearly 1 1/2 hrs,but u know what this makes my kid more energetic..:)
    But my daughter sleeps for 2 hrs in the day time,maybe i can cut that out.

4. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Tuvila,

Yes, some kids do get more Engergy like my neighbours son who wakes up at 5:30 in morning and goes to sleep in the evening by 7:30 ... But, he looks always very energetic ... His mom complaints saying what will I do getting up so early at 5:30 :roll:... Do try to stop his/her day time nap ...:thumbsup

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Lahi,

I think out here (i live in Germany) it generally gets quiet by 7 and so ideal for the kids to sleep. I'm sure many children go to bed early in India too.... no i'm not comparing at all... please don't take me wrong Suki, Tuvila.. i'm just finding this topic interesting. I mean over here it's kind of easy to follow the rhythm. My parents live in an apartment in chennai and even if they switch off TV etc., we can still hear noise from outside.

Latha

6. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Latha,

You are correct ... In India, it doesn't get quiet until Mid night, even some Kurka will beep his whistle during mid night (mostly in Appartments I think) ... But in Europe, it is very quiet by 7:00 as you have said ... As we live in outside of City it is too calm ... But in City we still have some transport noise even at 8:00p.m... But it depends to the place we live ... How difficult it is for kids to get disturbed inbetween their deep sleep by any noise like this ...shakehead ...

Even I get up sometimes in scare, when I hear a noise like this :hide:... Why not Kids ... :biggrin2: ...

7. tuvila

tuvila New IL'ite

Hi lahy15 ,Traveller

Yeah maybe the noise is affecting my babies sleep,but u know wht i feel that sleep is an inborn talent.I mean we do have adults who sleep at the drop of ur hat and those who suffer from insomnia or are light sleepers.So similarly i thk we have babies who love sleeping and those who dont!!!

And my doc was saying that pregnant moms who sleep and laze around the whole day get babies who sleep well and working moms usually end up with energetic ones.Maybe that's true,i was working till my 9th month and running up and down 2 floors and i also suffered from insomnia at that time!!

8. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Hey Lahy, thats a well jotted down plan.. I am working full time but I am off for the whole of next week. I am gonna try this method and see.. I definetly want to get him to bed before 9pm.. He becomes tooo active as the bed time arrives so it is difficult to get him to sleep, by that time, I am compeltely drained out.

9. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Arthidiva,

Good Luck dear ... I can understand how difficult it will be when you have full time work ... don't worry, once your kid got trained, then sleeping will not be a problem ...:thumbsup

10. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Tuvila,

One way it is very true that sleeping orders are according to person too ... :iagree: ...