1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bedtime - routines, techniques, time and tips

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by vasera, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Re: When your baby go to bed??

Not bad at all! Be consistent and explain to her why you are changing things around. I don't think it's bad to tell her about going to school, you explain if she gets enough sleep during the night, she'll have more energy to enjoy pre school and play with the kids or something like that.

Cheer, how is you guys' sleep situation?

Raj

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Yay for the mamas and the babies! Kiran is teething his molars and I now need to implement all the free advice I have been giving here...He's still not slept at 10 pm. :crazy

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Good for you Zeenat and Cheer! Keep it up..

V.

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Hi Raj, well since tuesday i changed her sleeping schedule, she gets up 8-8.30 am, takes her first nap at ard 10.30 for half an hour, then last nap ard 2 & get up 4 pm. So at night she go to bed ard 9.30-10 pm. Lets see how it goes.

Keep my finger cross:thumbsup

5. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Cheer, good work! Keep it up, girl! The only thing would be to be consistent every time night after night, until Aanya gets the hang of it.

:cool2:

Slowly you can move the bed time earlier by 15 minute or 30 minute increments.

Raj

6. gayathrijk

gayathrijk Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

I have a 3 months old kid. As most of them said music is a best way to make babes sleep. And allow them to play & do their regular exercises like cycling, crawling, swimming in the floor... And if they cry for hunger then plz let them cry for sometime and then feed... only then they'll have food properly.. only then they'll sleep properly. Use cotton cloths for swings (thooli).. Also dress them with cotton cloths..

A good bath makes a baby to sleep well.. so regularly give oil massage b4 bathing the babe.. summer have started so weekly thrice give them head bath.. These r the things i follow to give my kid a good & peaceful sleep.. So try these too..

loving,
    Gai3.

7. gayathrijk

gayathrijk Bronze IL'ite

I 4got to tell the main thing.. A baby needs a peaceful environment to eat well & sleep well.. So the parents must be happy & avoid cold wars.. Our negative rays will affect the baby.. not only sleep these -ve rays will also affect their mind.. So plz keep ur mind cool while nearing to ur baby.. If u r giving a mother feed then during feeding don think about unwanted things that make ur mind restless.. Think about good things, have a creative thinking..

In our side we use to give ora marundhu.. It includes jaadhi kaai, maasi kaai, vasambu, sandal, kadukaai, sukku & gold.. u must scratch all these in a stone used to scratch sandal (u can get this kind of stone in arya vaidhya salas or malyali's temples, i bought it from dhanvanthri temple of arya vaidhya salai).. after bathing we use to give this medicine.. this will give the baby a good sleep, digestion will be proper so she/he wont get stomach upset.. sukku will give immunity against cold..

gai3.

8. tuvila

tuvila New IL'ite

hi

Just started a similar thread in a different section not knowing there was already one going around.

My 2yr olds bedtime routine goes on like this,at 10pm i start reading out from her fav books 2-3 times and then she will put her head on my arm and keep rolling around until she falls asleep at 11pm.she is very particular abt my arm and will not sleep without it. She also sleeps at 2.30 in the afternoon till 4.30 after a similar routine.

And as iam staying with my parents now she will go to sleep only after everyones lying down,if my dad is in the other room reading or watching tv she will jump out of bed and refuse to sleep.
    Iam just waiting to join my husband soon so tht i can start her on a better routine.

9. priyuram

priyuram New IL'ite

I have a 4 year old daughter, she was ok even till last month, nowadays she refuses to wake up in the morning and after lot of persuasion she is up but is still feeling sleepy, doesnt want to brush, doesnt want to change her clothes etc....of cox even during last year there were some days like this,...now in fact even if she goes to sleep by 8 she doesnt want to up wake up by 7 or 7.30 am. If i put her to sleep early which is very very difficult, she is up by 4 in the morning n wants me to play with her or she does something on her own, but again sleeps back by 6 or so n doesnt want to wake by 7.30....Pls help me...normally i take her to bed by 8, read some bedtime stories for her.....listens to her chatter n mostly by 8.30 she falls asleep....of cox there are some days when she comes out of her bedroom n doesnt sleep by 10 pm. (Esp during weekends and some friends visit us). Please help me.....she needs more warm up time i guess, everyday b4 going to sleep i tell her that she shud get up early in the morning, brush her teeth, etc etc....she says she will be good girl etc etc....:)..n then the next day morning she becomes very cranky when she is awoken......durin weekends when i leave her to sleep little longer, she is fine,....she is ok, does all her duties etc etc.

Please share ur thoughts on this.......

Thanks in Advance.

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Priyu,

That's bad weather in Germany for you:( My son, normally an early riser, complains and keeps a sad face in the mornings. Do you think she refuses to brush, change clothes because it is cold? I switch on heater in the bathroom 1/2 hr before my son wakes up and then he doesn't complain much. Even before giving shower my husband fills the bathtub with feet-length hot water for him to stand... it's tough for kids... i'm sure she'll be alright once the weather gets better. You do ask her if she's cold then may be you can change her clothes in bedroom or any warm place.

Latha