1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bedrooms and Bathrooms

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Bedrooms and Bathrooms

We have 3 rooms and 3 toilets.Mine and daughter's have attached toilets, and the last room, the guest room, has a common toilet.We have a huge wardrobe, one for her and one for me.The room size is pretty decent, 12 x 15 feet,bathroom 8 x 8 feet.The guest room has two huge wardrobes,and a dressing table.

Trouble started soon.Inmy wardrobe started to slip in Wife's clothes, and she has to hang all her wedding sarees in mine,and soon my clothes became compressed,spoiling the 2/- pressing of the pressman, and every day i have to iron the shirts and the T shirts, and that irritated me the most.I pleaded, requested with her not to intrude in my space (as they say we all need breathing space, here i needed the wardrobe space), but more of her clothes started to hang in mine.

So around 5 years back , I divorced the bedroom wardrobe and moved all my clothes to the guestroom wardrobe.And as it has two wardrobes, i started to use both, in one my trousers and shirts, in the other Tshirts, and blazers,and winter jackets, which take up space,and i was in heaven.

Next trouble started with the Bathroom.I dont smoke pot, but i smoke on the pot.And everyday me and wife used to fight, that the bathroom smells bad, for 2 reasons, the **** and the smoke.I tried the bathroom freshner, but that was not strong enough she felt.So i was given an ultimatum to either stop smoking, or else ! So a few years back i shifted to the guest bathroom where i am the lord and master of all i survey.And i here i can take my time,to read a paper, smoke a ciggie, and think out blogs on the pot in the luxury of my loo.And no banging to come out early,as was the case before.And i keep a diary int the bathroom, which i call the Bathroom Diary, where i get the blog ideas, and note it down immediatly,before my memory lets me down.

Now a new problem has cropped up.The bathroom has a door handle,like we have in the bedroom doors,which dont lock but can close the door.The outer handle broke around a fortnight back, and the inner part is fine.A few times i have been locked inside the bathroom, as the door refuses to open, and i have to bang the door hollering away till wife comes running with a plier, andmanually twists the rod sticking out and frees me.So now i have decided to keep the door ajar, not taking chances,and do my jobs.But Tuffy the doggie, has this habit of coming in the bathroom,and drinking water from the floor, the pot or the bucket of water that is kept for an emergency.the other day the guy just barged in, and the door opened wide, and i was like, well,in that state.Luckily the maid servant was not around.I have called for a carpenter to fix a new lock,but these guys are so hard to find, one can find God more easily than a carpenter in Jaipur.

Wife has gone out of town, and i am now loving the Bedroom,.I love to sleep diagnoally, and boy, is it fun !I wonder why they say a double bed.Why not a triple bed, double for hubby and single for Wifey.This is all the fault of Mumbai and other metropolitan cities, where space is small, hence the double beds.For people like us in small towns, it should be a triple bed for sure.Yes sure there will be more physical distance between the couple but isnt there a saying " Distance makes the Heart grow Fonder ".Literally I need more space !

And wife is after me to renovate my bathroom, meaning the guest bathroom, which use, along with the Carpenters, Plumbers, maids,and Guests .Why i asked her, i am comfortable in it, every damn thing is functioning in it.But she says Guests may find the taps rusted with calcium, etc.I dont want to, as it will cost me money.And if i put a 5000 pot in the bathroom,which is the cheapest,and change the floors, etc,i know i will be sharing it with these workers, and it will hurt me more that i put my backside on that very same pot where these buggers have put theirs.Imagine sharing such an intimate seat with these guys.

And till the carpenter and wifey come,I am using the Bedrrom bathroom, and i have the bliss of heaven for a few days more.Life is sure bliss, I ccan snore at peace alongwith Tuffy,and not brish at night,and use the double bed to all of me.Amen !

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hilarious in your usual style, Kamalji. :rotflReminds me of the chawls in Mumbai where there is a common restroom without proper latches. So, whoever is inside will have to stretch his/her vocal chords to the fullest to prevent intruders. If we have more such chawls, then our Indian Idol contenders would be plenty.

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Nivedi,

HAHA.Indian idols in the bathrooms .Thats a good one.Yes the chawls are a good example.you have to keep singing to beinside in peace.Good one.Thanks and regards.kamal

Just one hit in 2 days on this blog.Thanks for being the one and only.Regards