1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Bed in a bag?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by shubhasiddharth, Jun 15, 2010.

1. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

I am setting up the master bed room in my house and looking for a complete bedding set..-now this is all I know..what do I get..-psstt..absolutely no idea.there is something like duvet set, bed in a bag, simple comforter sets..I donot know which one I need to pick..can someone enlighten ( ya thats what it is)me as to what goes into a complete bedding set?That essentially leaves the question- what all should I buy?

2. tinu123

tinu123 New IL'ite

I usually buy them seprate.
    1 bed covers and 1 comforter and 2 pillow cases (all matching colors)
    They are lot cheaper than the "bed in a bag". Also you might not use all the stuff in that bag :)

3. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

I would opt for a complete ensemble bed in a bag...as it would consist of everything I need and color co-ordinated too . Makes it easier for me. :) Maybe will go for individual pieces if it is a guest bedroom.

Most likely all bed in a bags consists of a bed skirt, which is kind of ruffled sheet, put on top of the bed spring. Then comes fitted sheet, which is put on the mattress, it is tight and snug fit on the mattress, then are the usual ones like comforter, pillow covers, shams (which are decorative pillow covers) etc.. etc.. You can find some nice ones at Bed Bath and Beyond.

4. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Shubha;
    I use the whole set and otherwise too. I buy comforter sets which has bedskirts; fitted and flat sheets; pillow covers.

I buy it from one from sears as I find sears to be cheap(otherthan walmart and k mart). and have good patterns when it comes to bedding sets Also I love the collections in homegoods too; particularly quilts. Once you have one or two sets; then you can buy individual flat sheets,pillow covers etc that matches the bed skirts colour and mix and match it.
    -Nitha

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  5. socalgal

socalgal New IL'ite

I have bought bed in a bag from bed-bath-and-beyond and also bought them separately.
    The bed in bag comes with comforter, pillow cases-2 and pillow shams-2..This did look classy...
    The sheet set has to be bought separately. The sheet set contains a sheet and a fitting sheet.
    The bed skirt has to be bought separately

6. shubhasiddharth

Oh, thanks a bunch you all..nothing about bedding I knew..so what exactly does bed in a bag come with?I am not looking for decorative pillows as of now..but wouldnt hurt to buy them later. So what are my options now?

7. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

I have already written before -
    it comes with -

Bed skirt
    fitted sheet
    flat sheet
    pillow covers
    pillow shams
    comforter

8. shubhasiddharth

Okie dokie..got it.I will hunt for the sets this week at sears and bed bath and beyond.Ilove macys too..so may be there too.

9. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Shubha..
    Unless it is an emergency better wait for July 4th sales;)
    -Nitha

10. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I think that bed in a bag are usually cost effective and then all is matching. There are also bigger sets that include window curtains. Be sure to measure your windows if you want that type of deal. Most sets come with comforters which may be too hot to use in the summer so you should also get a summer cotton blanket or thermal blanket for use then and then put the comforter on during the day when you make the bed.

One place to shop for bedding is:
    Sheets, comforters, home decor and more from Domestications.com